PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Small Brothers 2x8 Lightning Evaporator missing Floats

ttowle3
01-08-2015, 01:20 PM
I have a used Small Brothers 2x8 Evaporator that is missing Float controls for both the evaporator and the finishing pan. Can I make my own or should I try to find the right mechanism for it?
Thanks in advance for advice. This will be my first year coming up so any advice is much appreciated. Or if you know where I could get the float mechanisms that would be great too.

Sugarmaker
01-08-2015, 01:24 PM
If the components are still available I would try to get those first! If not get pictures of the correct items plus dimensions and make new ones. A working float system is critical to the operation of your evaporator.
Regards,
Chris

JoeJ
01-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I would suggest contacting Gerry Dion at Lapierre. He worked at Small Brothers for years and is very knowledgeable on the Small Brothers products. I had Gerry design and have built a Small Brothers float for my steam away that had a float that just did not work. I was very pleased with the service, price, and the perfect operation of my new float.

Joe

unc23win
01-08-2015, 07:57 PM
I would suggest contacting Gerry Dion at Lapierre. He worked at Small Brothers for years and is very knowledgeable on the Small Brothers products. I had Gerry design and have built a Small Brothers float for my steam away that had a float that just did not work. I was very pleased with the service, price, and the perfect operation of my new float.

Joe

I would agree Gerry is excellent!

ttowle3
01-09-2015, 04:56 AM
Aye, your advice is taken. I called Gerry and am sending him photos of the evaporator so he can see what he has. Thanks for the quick feedback.