PDA

View Full Version : Delaval 75 parts

Tapped Out
01-04-2015, 09:05 PM
We've got a Delaval 75 that is seized up. I can find parts for the D 76 and was wondering if the vanes are the same for the 75? Don't know what I'll find when I open it up. Thanks

BreezyHill
01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Not the same. &5 has a bearing on the pulley end that will be bad. The vanes in a 75 are metal if it is original. 75 has the oil reservoir under the housing and a oil line to the bushing end of the pump.

Most seizures are the ball bearing is toast. Usually from leaving moisture/ milk/ sap in the water trap. Change the bearing with one from an auto parts store. If you can get one with a seal that is better. The nonsealed bearings will have the grease heat up and run out and seize again. You can set these up with a oil line to that bearing if you really want to do some metal working and drill the plate and install a line from the reservoir but way easier to get a sealed bearing. Clean the oil screens in the reservoir and washout with some diesel fuel...not gas...you want to keep the oil coating on every thing. Refill with good vac oil.

Blow out the oil feed tube and check for any leaks. Check the bushing for play and put her back together with some vac oil on the vanes and spin her over by hand to make sure the vanes are dropping. They may need a good scrubbing to get them cleaned up. I use a air tool with 3m biscuits. Blow out the housing and rotor with air to remove all debris. I change the oil after a day of running to get out anything that I missed with the air chuck.

Any questions just ask...this is my favorite pump!

Tapped Out
01-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks Breezy, its going to be a summer project. Too much on my plate right now.