PDA

View Full Version : Leader clear check valve taps

mapleguy
01-01-2015, 01:12 PM
I am considering using these taps in the upcoming season and would like to know any pro's and con's anyone has had with them. A couple of questions I have are is there a plug available to seal up drops at seasons end, and how difficult are they to install on drops. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

foursapsyrup1
01-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Used 100 of them last year. Easy to apply ( by hand), had no problems with sticky valve balls, at end of year we just popped off the valve ball section and plugged the remainder into the " T " .
I'm using 200 of them this year.

adk1
01-01-2015, 03:29 PM
I thought these were one solid piece, how do u pop off the valve section?

unc23win
01-01-2015, 05:19 PM
If you are using the one piece clear check valve referred to CV2.

1. They are easy to install onto the drop by hand.
2. If you are using cup tees you can plug them in when you pull them and if you are using the staged tee you can cut them off and hook the line to the tee.

WESTMAPLES
01-02-2015, 08:05 AM
leader cv2 have been a great product for me. this will be my second season using them the tap is 3 pieces put together main spout body, ball, and the little clear piece that holds the ball in the tip. good to use with vaccum for sure, ive not tryed them on gravity. i used just under 400 cv2 had 2 break during install due to bad hammer aim, and 3 break during pulling due to my helper that didn`t understand they aren`t tough like metal spouts of the past. good luck

brookledge
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM
When I first started using the cv2, I added some in without replaving the lateral lines just the drop onto the existing tee. So the plug on the tee would not hold the 5/16 drop. So in that case you can leave them on all year. With the check vailve in there it will keep bugs from getting into the drop line. You are going to replace the cv2 anyways . Also you can pull or cut it off the drop and slightly push it on backwards unti lnext year. So rather than have the drop line coming off the tee or leaving it open pull the tap and leave it until shortly before you plan on tapping again.
Keith

mellondome
01-06-2015, 03:14 AM
Dont put it on backwards. You run a good chance of the end pulling out and remaining lodged in your dropline.

mapleguy
01-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Leader Part# 4737 Tee with Plug I believe you can slide 5/16 tubing over the spout plug. I tried it at a leader dealer and tubing fit very tight. Anyone try this?

brookledge
01-06-2015, 08:31 PM
mellondome
I'll keep that in mind. So far the ones that I've done that to havre not had any issues. I have only pushed on just enough to hold it in place. Certainly not as much as I would when putting it on the right way. I also do this because I use vacuum to clean my lines at the end of the year.
Keith

foursapsyrup1
01-12-2015, 06:34 AM
They are two piece. The section with the check valve ( end) comes off.