PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Partial Knee Replacement

steve J
12-23-2014, 07:46 AM
So doctor informed me last week I am a candidate for a partial knee replacement and although my other knee is not giving me any issues right now its not far behind. So has anyone had that done to their knees and if so has it limited your ability to get around in the woods particularly on snow shoes? I am being told its 1/3 the recovery time and much less painful than a full replacement. That they last 10 to 12 years at which point a full may be required but the 10 to 12 years would have far less limitations than a full replacement has!

Ed R
12-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Steve J If your doc even suggested that a full Knee replacement would give you a better final outcome I would listen to what he said and consider going that route instead. I balked at doing a total knee in sept of this year and was going to go with a less invasive option as well but finally decided to do what the doc said and had the total Knee done. I was able to stomp around in pretty deep snow in the U.P. during deer season with no problems at all. (I didn't have to wear snowshoes but I could have if needed.) Everybody is different and recovery times can vary greatly. The best advice no matter which option you choose is to do your physical therapy and stick to it!!!

KV Sappers
12-23-2014, 07:11 PM
My advise would be to go for it. I've had both knees replaced back in 07 and have never regretted having it done. Back then they did not do partial replacements but I know of 2 people who have had partial replacements and they all say they are great. Both had a total replacement on one of their knees and a partial on the other and the recovery is must faster then having a total replacement done. Whatever you decide, believe me, you will wish you would have had it done sooner. Good luck to you.

slybird353
12-24-2014, 09:36 PM
After having two acl surgeries I want nothing to do with any knee surgery again. I would run, hobble limp away. It took me two years before I could climb a flight of stairs. I wear a good knee brace if it gets too painful. Everyone is different, just thought Id ofer my 2 cents.