PDA

View Full Version : Yearly sales

MapleGroup
12-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Just curious how everyone gauges how much syrup a customer will buy each year

SWEETER CREATIONS
12-21-2014, 05:20 PM
I keep all of my top grades of syrup and only sell my commercial syrup to packers. Special times of the year Christmas, hunting season and most major holidays seam to be good selling points for us . mike

maple flats
12-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Just curious how everyone gauges how much syrup a customer will buy each year
That varies widely. I have customers who buy as much as 8 gal/yr, one who has bought 12 half gal in the last 5 months and wants 6 more halves in mid Jan. Then I have others who buy 1, 2 or 3 qts a year. Just get your name and your product out there and the business will keep growing.

MapleGroup
12-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info
The problem I have is I have stores lined up to sell my product. I dont want to stock all of the stores and then in 6 months have no more syrup to sell to customers or restock stores. Guess trial and error

Rand
12-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info
The problem I have is I have stores lined up to sell my product. I dont want to stock all of the stores and then in 6 months have no more syrup to sell to customers or restock stores. Guess trial and error

As problems go, not a bad one to have!

wnybassman
12-21-2014, 09:16 PM
"While supplies last"

BreezyHill
12-21-2014, 09:23 PM
That is a problem, all be it a good issue to solve, still an issue. Sales from Thanksgiving to Christmas for us went up over 50%. We are shooting for another 50% increase by Valentines day.

I have other producers lined up with product incase we run short prior to next season.

Near impossible to calculate a customers demand. Ours have ranged from $7 to $460 over the last 8 weeks.

GeneralStark
12-22-2014, 08:05 AM
It is tough to predict customer's purchasing habits. I have never been able to make enough syrup to meet sales through the year so I buy syrup from a local producer that I know makes very good syrup. There is not as large a profit, but you are still making money and keeping your customers happy. Also, every product that goes out the door is good advertising.