PDA

View Full Version : lieman pump

tcross
12-02-2014, 08:37 AM
can anyone shed any light on this vacuum pump for me? it says on the pump Leiman air pump. it has 2b12 1 written under that. the tag says it has a size of 30.6 (is that cfm? what does that mean) and a serial # of 8mm.1 107. hopefully the pictures will load correctly!

maple flats
12-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Do you have any pictures that show the whole pump, that may help?

tcross
12-02-2014, 09:05 AM
this is the best one I have! 10063

i have a very similar pump that is hooked up to a motor and a big tank moisture trap... here's a pic of that... 10064

tcross
12-02-2014, 09:08 AM
another picture of the similar pump... not the one I'm wondering about, but I think they may be the same or very similar! 10065

I currently run a bb4 in my bush, but I haven't attempted to hook this one up!

BreezyHill
12-02-2014, 09:33 AM
WOW! You have a very rare pump in your hands.

These are a great little pump and this is only the second one I have ever seen!!!

These were sold by the Jamesway Company...well known for there shuttle paddle barn cleaner systems. Often sold by Agway and GLF prior to that.

It would not surprise me that that unit would do 30 cfm at 15"; judging this on the exhaust pipe port and the body size. Well suited for maple with the eternal fines for heat distribution. This unit likely ran a four bucket barn.

Have you had the case open yet for cleaning? Love to see pics of it when you do!

BY the way that is a great quote!!!

Ben

PARKER MAPLE
03-30-2015, 07:50 PM
WOW! You have a very rare pump in your hands.

These are a great little pump and this is only the second one I have ever seen!!!

These were sold by the Jamesway Company...well known for there shuttle paddle barn cleaner systems. Often sold by Agway and GLF prior to that.

It would not surprise me that that unit would do 30 cfm at 15"; judging this on the exhaust pipe port and the body size. Well suited for maple with the eternal fines for heat distribution. This unit likely ran a four bucket barn.

Have you had the case open yet for cleaning? Love to see pics of it when you do!

BY the way that is a great quote!!!

Ben

Any ideas for RPMs needed for this pump?

maple flats
03-31-2015, 06:06 AM
Just guessing based on a Surge Alamo, which is the same design, 600-700 RPM max. should be right.