PDA

View Full Version : any one upgrading vacuum pumps, releasers

TRAILGUY
11-11-2014, 04:13 PM
have around three hundred taps over time could go to 600 tap at the most. if I can not fine the right one may have to go with sap puller. finishing up running mains.

BreezyHill
11-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Ive got a 73 delaval on 600 last season with 8 ladders in total. This was the stand by unit the main unit is a Delaval 75. We pull 28+". I use a glass dairy releaser. Works amazing. Two collection tanks and releaser pumps to both on demand. Mu unit is a 2" double releaser so it was easy to hook one port for the mains and the other port is to the dry Line. It handles 600 last season with ease, 1000 this season with max we will hook in on the farm and a neighbor in future will be around 3000. With the single phase pump it will handle around 15000. The three phase motor will handle much more my buddy at the delaval supplier. They hook up a Variable Frequency Drive(VFD) and use a different sensor. If it hits the top sensor then it will run a 200% capacity to clear the releaser jar.

The clear releaser is amazing for the public to see the sap coming into the unit. I used the 1.5" pyrex tees to connect mains also. This way you can see the different parts of the sugar bush filling the releaser. Some days the lowest main will out preform the highest tap count mains; due to a breezy day.

The most excitement is when the main over the brook freezes at night and the sap is forced to the dry line. It comes into 6' of Pyrex tubing and makes two 90 degree sweeps and will shake the entire setup. Can fill the jar in only a few seconds and sometimes the pump will run for a minute nonstop to get caught up. You get a little warning that this will happen when you start to see ice crystals in the releaser. Sometimes the low main wont totally stop but it cant handle the flow and it goes into the dry line.

These are supper easy to see when they need a cleaning and fairly easy to clean. Peroxide or bleach work very well. The standard seals are designed for acid too so soap stone remover works well also if you don't mind running acid. I will run that 1 x at end of season with a double water rinse. Sap has some minerals that do stick to the pyrex...not like milk thou.

TRAILGUY
11-12-2014, 03:32 PM
my question is do you have one for sale? I am all most done re tubing now need vacuum. your in box is full