PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Metal "JDL extreme" pansx1

Dill
11-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Looking for some feedback and pictures. Looks like we are going to be turning a garage into a sugarhouse and I need an evaporator. I've tried searching and read the results. From the prices online these look like a good option. I"m leaning towards a 30x10 or a 3x10. Looks like I'll have between 1500 and 2k taps once we finish thinning the sugarbush. My plan right now is to add on gradually. Granted that's the same plan that I started with 5 cows 3 years ago and now have 20.

AdirondackSap
11-05-2014, 10:55 PM
I would like to know aswell. They are supposed to have the deepest flues in the market at 16 1/2 inches deep. Also half the price as the major brands. I recently had several Amish familys move into my town and they recommended them to me.

nekgsa
09-08-2015, 06:58 PM
I took delivery of a Sunrise Metal Shop 2x6 JDL extreme with a one side draw syrup pan and blower this summer. I am impressed with the evaporator and the service from the crew at Sunrise. No issues with the workmanship or assembly of the rig. I bricked it myself, hooked everything up and did a test boil last month. While boiling water the arch seemed very insulated, the blower was surprisingly quiet and the rear pan with the 16" flues had an incredible boil in all the corners especially the front. It also worked well with the blower off and clean out door opened for natural draft.

I can't wait to put some sap in it!

madmapler
09-09-2015, 11:21 AM
I had them make a front pan for my 30x10 last season. It is the reverse flow model that draws off on the same side in the rear. I also adapted one of their float boxes to feed it from my flue pan. The thing was like night and day compared to my older system. It drew off a lot steadier(almost predictably) and I rarely had to make adjustments where I was constantly fiddling with my old set up. The workmanship is excellent and as you said already, the price is great. One thing I really appreciated was speaking with John the owner of the company. He is the guy who actually answers the phone and is the one who you do business with. Very friendly.