PDA

View Full Version : Auto draw problem

maple connection
10-25-2014, 10:50 AM
I have a older plunger style auto draw.
It is a Techno Erable.
It reads temp. in Celsius.
I am looking for a new temp. probe for the unit.
If anyone can help I would appreciate the help.
Thanks, Kevin

BreezyHill
10-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Do you know what type of probe you need?
Number of wires?
The book should have a list of the type or style of the probe in the units spec list.

maple connection
10-25-2014, 02:19 PM
There are three wires. Red Black and a bare wire.
I tried a type j and a type k and those are not the right probes.
I bought this unit a few years back, it was used I did not get a book on it.

BreezyHill
10-25-2014, 08:46 PM
That is going to be a tricky issue. I have a son at Morrisville state. He is in a multimeter class and willask him to see if there is a way to figure out what style probe the unit should have.

The control unit...does it have any id# or model info that can be searched to see if there is a spec listing on the internet?

If you find a way to get the wife addicted like or even half as we are please share that. My three sons are into it as are every girl friend they ever brought home.
Just cant figure why the wife is not hooked??? She would just as soon see the sugar house turned into a snowmobile garage, storage of the atvs, or just close & lock the door and walk away??? Loves the product but not the time it takes.

wiam
10-26-2014, 05:46 AM
Could be a pt 100. It also matters which wire goes where. Did you try all combinations?

BreezyHill
10-26-2014, 08:17 AM
There may also be an issue with the PID unit that converts the probe to your temp reading. I built my unit from parts of Ebay. The stainless valve was the most expensive part at $45. I have right around $110 in the unit including the conduit to have the controller right at the draw off point. I also installed a switch to turn off the air under fire for when starting in the am and I have lost the density gradient and the entire pan is ready to pull off.

maple connection
10-27-2014, 07:25 PM
I am still trying to get my wife hooked. She is in the same boat. The syrup shack would be a storage shed if it was up to her. I did try using the different wire combinations. I sold this unit to a guy last year and it only worked a few times then started giving him grief. So I feel bad I would like to fix it for him. It reads correctly until it is put in liquid. There seams to be water shorting out the probe.

Chicopee Sap Shack
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
My wife wanted to put curtains in the sugar house. Thank got I was able to out my foot down on that one. Other than that she could care less. At least I'm king down there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreezyHill
10-27-2014, 09:17 PM
LOL...Someday you will realize that the women hold all the cards. We only do what they allow us to.

When you have learned this it is much easier to keep them happy.

Ya know, curtains in the sugar house might help draw in more customers; besides it is only fabric and it may block the glare on the TV. LOL

Happy Wife...Happy Life!

No I am not a chauvinist; more of a realist!