PDA

View Full Version : Farmall

steam maker
10-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Well today me and my dad went and looked at my great grandfathers, then my grandfathers 1937 farmall f12. After a little tractor talk the man said he was thinking of sellin it cause he had to many and if he sold it he thought it would be cool if it came back to us. So he said a price and when we left we had a handshake agreement and he asked when he could bring it down . Me and my dad are pretty excited just to have it back cause of its history!!! Hopefully we can enjoy it and everytime we run it think of my grandfather . Scariest part is havent told wife yet!!!!😃

lpakiz
10-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Kinda doing the same thing here. My grandfather bought a new SC Case tractor in 1941. I learned to drive it 55 years ago. It has sat in my fathers shed since 1985, never turned a wheel. We had an auction last weekend, but kept the Case out. I want my son and grandson Brayden to have it. Brayden is about 6, and this would be his great, great grandfathers tractor....

maple flats
10-21-2014, 06:03 PM
I used to have an old F12. Not sure what year it was, but a decal on the hood (still in good shape) said it was patented in 1923. I had it on 36" rubber but also had the original steel wheels, both front and rear. I paid $125 for in in the 50's and sold it in the 80's for $750 with the steel wheels included. The guy who bought it was a collector. The tractor was essentially new when I bought it, because the first owner bought it new, tried it once and parked it because he liked using his horses better. I then bought it in the late 50's. I think it was supposed to be 15HP. Crank to start, 2 fuel tanks. An inner tank for gas and an outter tank for kerosene. I only used it with gas, but was told the original design was to start it on gas, then switch to kerosene. Then switch back to gas for a little while before shutting it off to get gas to the carb. The tractor was well powered (I think horses were bigger back then) but it was pitifully slow. I walked faster than top speed in hi (3rd) gear.
I think you will like the tractor, you should be able to restore it if you want.

steam maker
10-21-2014, 07:51 PM
From what i was told it has the dual fuel manifold but just the single tank so i either need to find a dual tank or a single manifold, it has 40 inch rubber on it which i guess were hard to find to replace until lately. I think it had 12 hp but im new to this

Mike R.
10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Congratulations on getting a piece of family history back. I got a '37 F12 also. Don't forget to post pictures when you get it home.

sapman28
10-22-2014, 07:52 AM
She knows now, your welcome.

lpakiz
10-22-2014, 08:13 AM
According to this old, circa 193x poster, your F 12 had 9.74 drawbar HP and 14.68 on the belt.

maple flats
10-22-2014, 11:15 AM
If it is like what I had, there is a small tank inside the main tank and there is a valve at the fuel bowl that allows the switch over.

WESTMAPLES
10-22-2014, 09:49 PM
hey if your looking for any parts I have a f12 & f14 that has retired to lawn art saved them from the scrap pile a few years back got a few other 50`s and 60`s ih tractors and dozers if anyone is looking for a project or parts