PDA

View Full Version : white foam

Slatebelt*Pa*Tapper
02-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Just wondering,

What does everyone else do with the white foam they scoop of while they are boiling down.

I just throw mine on the ground, because Im not in a sugar house , But if your in a sugar house where do you go with it all....

Thanks Chuck

Race
02-22-2004, 06:12 AM
Hi Chuck,
I put it in the "scum bucket" then throw it out later.

Race

Salmoneye
02-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Ayuh...

Old sap bucket...Much like a Browning A5 or a clone...

It has a sound all its' own...

;-)

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Chuck,

You may want to get an old bucket to put it in even outside because after you boil for a while, it will be everywhere around where you are boiling and can get a touch sticky.

I started my boiling sorta outside many years ago and did the same thing.

michaelh05478
02-22-2004, 02:19 PM
SO THATS WHERE THE NAME "SCUM BUCKET" COMES FROM!!!!! LOL

Slatebelt*Pa*Tapper
02-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Scum bucket aaayyy.

Yes I will catch it now.
Because, I dont want my Labs up their licking it off the ground.
This morning I let my 2 Labs out and low and behold, up there the male was licking and digging around at it. "Now" I got little holes all around up there to break my neck on.

Im thinking it will probly bring the ants in. when it warms up enough. Then again I probly wont be out their at that time if its that warm???

Wonder if the deer will lick it up like the doggys. Could dump the scum up in the field to attrack the deer?? :?: :idea: :idea: :oops:

Chuck

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Chuck,

You could see ants in a week or two. It is not uncommon for me to see in by or before the middle of March on bucket taps eating the sugar out of the sap as it comes out!