PDA

View Full Version : Can a guzzler support a sap ladder?

Starting Small
10-19-2014, 07:33 PM
I know that Guzzler does not pull the amount of vacuum a traditional pump will, but is it enough to support a sap ladder in a bush? Thanks,
-Dave

Tmeeeh
10-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes I used one with sap ladders for years. Just keep all the leaks fixed and it should be fine.

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-20-2014, 04:19 AM
it will be marginal, depends on how high sap ladder is, mine is around 5'. just not enough cfm to work good

BreezyHill
10-20-2014, 08:19 AM
I know that Guzzler does not pull the amount of vacuum a traditional pump will, but is it enough to support a sap ladder in a bush?

It will work provided the ladder is small enough to maintain the vacuum level required to elevate the sap up the risers. The issue is this is nolonger a standard ladder and you will relie on the tree gases to be the bubbles to elevate the sap. Air injection will create low vac level as the guzzler will not over come the added cfms easily.

On the other hand this is a good unit for a remote lift station. This is what we did with ours. The guzzler replaced the first ladder we had for a season or maybe two. Sap ran to the guzzler and was elevated up to the top of the ladder and then gravity into the sugar house.
This was fine until the tap count out grew the pump. The other issue we had was ice and slush. Not friends of our pump at all.

Ben