PDA

View Full Version : A Long, Long Trip

Ski Bum
10-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello N.H. Mountain Folks,
CT. Flat Lander taking a three day trip to Bascom's via Lincoln/Woodstock/Sugarhill/Conway and any other back road we can find. We'll be up Monday, October 20th and heading to Bascom's on Wednesday,
the 22nd.

We would love to visit a couple of SugarHouses along the way. I know it's an odd time, so don't expect to find too many open. We'll miss the leaves and the "peepers", but just love the mountains.

Can't give you a schedule, so don't go out of your way. IF open, please let us know. We'd like to see how other sugarmakers operate. Many thanks.

NhShaun
10-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Sounds like quite the trip, If you have extra time while in the Conway area.. Try and check out Cathedral Ledge.. it's a great spot. Safe travels all around.

maple maniac65
10-17-2014, 06:43 PM
will be back on the 25th. right now I am in Nova Scotia getting ready for the IMSI Meetings. Sugar House is in Sugar Hill NH

psparr
10-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Well if you get lost, your welcome here in southern Pa.

Rock Bottom Maple
10-18-2014, 12:05 PM
since you are going to lincoln/woodstock....

Faddens in North Woodstock.
exit 32 off 93 north. This is the Kancamagus exit to Conway.
Jim will be glad to give you a tour of his rig.

Benton's Sugar Shack in Thornton.
exit 28/29 off 93 north. On route 175.
Weekends 8-2:00pm. (I get two meals from there breakfast plates)
There is always someone around so you might get a tour during the week.

Ski Bum
10-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Back home, safe and sound. Thanks Rock Bottom Maple for the lead on Faddens and Benton's. Didn't get to Benton's and Fadden's seemed to be closed when we were there on Tuesday.Thanks for the invite psparr and no offence, but my compass only heads North. We saw much tubing and many sugar houses of various sizes. I must say how much fun we had staying at the Pemi Cabins on Rt.3. Great people and a fun place to stay! The fireplace in the room burned more wood than my evaporator but we loved it!!! Hats off to New Hampshire!!!! and we even made it to Bascom's!!!!

NhShaun
10-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Glad you made it home safe, and enjoyed the whole trip. Sure was a great time of year to head up this way.