PDA

View Full Version : What to do about walls

K.I. Joe
10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
I am building my Sugarhouse and having second thoughts about which wall material to use. A plastic wall board that is easy to clean or the classic look of wood. I prefer wood but I am worried about regulations and what the wood may stop me from doing.

What would you do if you were building right now?

GeneralStark
10-02-2014, 07:04 PM
What I did is board and batten on the exterior around a timber frame. I used 2x6 framing for the walls and will finish the interior if necessary at some point in the future. I'm waiting to see how all these possible "regulations" pan out for retail producers and will go from there. FRP or fiberglass reinforced panel is one interior option, or metal. I think even finished wood could work as long as it can be cleaned.

Right now the voluntary VT certification does not require anything for wall surfaces.

http://vermontmaple.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Sugaring-Operations-Certification-Score-Sheet-v6-June-10-2013.pdf

unc23win
10-02-2014, 08:12 PM
I did mine the same as General 2x6 studs with board and baton on the outside. I plan on finishing the inside some day I seen some nice interiors done with steel, wood, and fiberglass. I saw one with tongue and groove wood it looks real nice. I suppose it doesn't clean as well but maybe with the right sealer its not a big deal.