PDA

View Full Version : 2x4 mason hobby xl

highlandcattle
10-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Ron and I drove to Porter, Maine yesterday to puck up our new mason evaporator. Took us over 5 hours through 4 states but we did it. Bill is a great guy and we really enjoyed our visit. He had our evaporator all ready to look at and showed Ron how it worked and then had it all wrapped on the truck and ready to go. Terrific workmanship. The one door is big and insulated with fibreboard with a nice big handle that won't burn your hands. All our fiberboard was cut to size odd pieces all packed and Ron bought the blower too. We were able to unload it ourselves. Really pleased for what we paid. He can't wait to use it. Thank you Bill!

Urban Sugarmaker
10-02-2014, 07:48 PM
I Got my 2x4 XL delivered a few weeks ago. Got the blower with it too and a 12"x20" finisher. Can't say enough about how good the quality of workmanship is on this unit as well as the finisher. Originally I had intended to drive to pick it up but 8 hours each way was too much. I figured shipping would cost less than the drive, but of course it showed up damaged with a bent rear leg. I had it delivered to a local hardware store to save some shipping cost by delivering to a business. The unsuspecting store employee who knew nothing about it, signed for it which meant he accepted the delivery in "acceptable condition". So, Land Air Express of New England denied our claim. Fortunately I was able to bend the leg back and the very slight imperfection is barely noticeable. I swear this thing is almost bullet proof. Nevertheless, Bill offered to replace the arch free of charge even though it was not his fault about what happened. There was no way I was going to send it back. Instead, I got some buckets and lids for my trouble that Bill had gotten on trade for something else. The takeaway point is that Bill really is great to deal with and will do whatever it takes to keep a customer satisfied. Also, if you are having it shipped, make sure to accept delivery yourself so you can inspect it. I can't wait to boil on this unit. I will try to write a detailed review this coming spring so others have some more info about it.

NhShaun
10-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Congrats on the new purchase and the safe voyage. Is there a website to view some work done by bill or perhaps price check?

highlandcattle
10-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Wfmason. There are pictures and prices. We got great deals on everything because we had ordered early. There are directions for bricking on his site. Having the stainless pipes made by an Amish neighbor along with covers and will pick up firebrick next week. Pics later today. Have our solar open house this weekend so get to show it off.

maple flats
10-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Congratulations on the new evaporator. I wish we had time to come visit at your solar open house, but we have guests coming today. While we are not on the solar open house tour, they are looking at our solar and have a load of questions to ask.
Earlier this year you had your place up for sale, is it still and have you had anyone showing interest?
Dave

highlandcattle
10-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Terrible day here yesterday. Rain and fog and wind. Our wind turbines got a workout. Yes. Farm is still for sale. Lowered price. Everything around this area is for sale dictionary much to choose from. We're getting wood in for the winter and will keep potting along on small stuff. Eventually the right buyers will find us. Well miss this place something awful but no one in family interested and it's just too much for us. So nice to hear from you again. Take care