PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a surge alamo 30

jimsudz
09-22-2014, 07:22 PM
I purchased a surge alamo 30 the other day. The pump was seized but still worth the $25 I paid. The pump is different then my other 30, it is still has a narrow body but the inlet and outlet are 90 degrees from each other. My first one has inlet and outlet coming out the top of pump.I'm not sure if one is better than the other. I was able to free it up but 2 vanes were tight so I took it apart and will hone and rebuild. I plan on adding a third oil dripper on the inlet to get more inches. Will I have to turn at a higher rpm to get more inches or just add more oil? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks jim

BreezyHill
09-22-2014, 08:29 PM
The added oil will increase vac some. The higher RPM will have a very slight increase in vac inches but will increase the CFM level more than the inches will increase. If you have a leak that is causing the lower inches then yes it will help more to spin at higher rpm. If you have a tight system and check for leaks then the pump will last longer spinning at a lower RPM. More rpm will also produce more heat due to friction increase.

Good deal on the acquisition.

Ben