PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt continues

Maplewalnut
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
So its been a terribly long week for our little township. Some nut case snaps kills a state trooper and wounds another 20 miles north of me. Winds up he's from our town. Makes his way south to return home through the 100's of thousands of acres state land and has been the focus of an all out manhunt. Helicopters and drones flying over the house for days now. Please keep the hundreds of police, FBI, ATF agents in your thoughts as reports have it they close in on this guy.

Mike

unc23win
09-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Yea I have been following it as well. Hopefully they get him cornered soon and take him one way or the other.

Walling's Maple Syrup
09-22-2014, 01:41 PM
So its been a terribly long week for our little township. Some nut case snaps kills a state trooper and wounds another 20 miles north of me. Winds up he's from our town. Makes his way south to return home through the 100's of thousands of acres state land and has been the focus of an all out manhunt. Helicopters and drones flying over the house for days now. Please keep the hundreds of police, FBI, ATF agents in your thoughts as reports have it they close in on this guy.

Mike
I also have been following it on the news. When I saw your town's name come across the screen, I immediately thought of you. I was actually going to message you and see how close to you it was. Now I know. Stay safe!
Neil

PerryFamily
09-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Shoot to kill

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Same here been following it. my question is why would you leave a weapon of that grade behind to be easily found doesnt make sense and keep your deer rifle with a scope?
they will get him, he must have underground bunker(s) so that infrared doesnt pick him up at night.

psparr
09-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Same here been following it. my question is why would you leave a weapon of that grade behind to be easily found doesnt make sense and keep your deer rifle with a scope?

they will get him, he must have underground bunker(s) so that infrared doesnt pick him up at night.
They showed a picture of the gun leaning up against the tree. The muzzle was down in the dirt? And the two magazines were layed out nicely together. Just a guess, but I think it was a diversion. I doubt he's still there. just trying to keep them there looking for him. Seems odd that if he wants to kill cops he hasn't tried to again already. Hopefully he's dead

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

BreezyHill
09-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Just another reason that proves that the people have a need to bare arms. The Safe Act needs to go in the circular file!

I live on the approach to Bennington Airport, a few years back a plane crashed and they could not find it on infared...they were right over top of it 9 times. The gear the firemen use to find people in buildings is sometimes better than what the State Police have.

Stay Safe and Keep an Eye on the Neighbors! Divided we Fall.

Ben

DrTimPerkins
09-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Just another reason that proves that the people have a need to bare arms.

Been a little chilly lately....so I've given up my right to bare arms and started to wear long-sleeve shirts.

GeneralStark
09-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Yes I too have been covering my bare arms to protect myself from the evil onslaught of our northern neighbors' cold air.

BreezyHill
09-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Come on guys ... a true Redneck would take a turtle neck and cut off the sleeves for the weather we've had. And a vest would be in the back seat of the crew cab. LOL

Actually started with a sweat shirt, hood up and gloves...frost on the ground; and then down to a tee shirt and sweating by 2 pm. What is going on??

Don't give me the Gore details either...not buying that truck load of crap. No measurable rain in 30 days. Must be going to get a bunch of snow after this drought breaks.

So Dr Tim how bad for next season is this lowering of the water table this time of year?

Maplewalnut
09-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Now bringing in multiple 'rook' units to help extract him out of his bunkered location. Google it ....there suped up skid steers

DrTimPerkins
09-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Come on guys ... a true Redneck would take a turtle neck and cut off the sleeves for the weather we've had. And a vest would be in the back seat of the crew cab. LOL

So Dr Tim how bad for next season is this lowering of the water table this time of year?

The vast majority of the things that influence the season happen during the season. Surprisingly most other things have very little if any effect.

Cabin
09-24-2014, 09:19 AM
I saw that in the paper. Looks like something BA would whip up for the A-Team. Now if he is hiding in the woods why do they want something to look into the second floor?

maple flats
09-24-2014, 10:44 AM
If they can find ISIS on the other side of the world, it seems they should be able to find him, bunker or not. My guess is that he is long out of the area. Everyone should be extremely careful for sure. I agree, shoot to kill when he is found.

Cabin
09-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Still nothing!

3GoatHill
09-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Naw, he's still in there. It's really thick in there. They found pipe bombs in there today. It's slow going probably because of the threat of booby traps and what not.

adk1
09-30-2014, 09:05 PM
I am surprised to hear that hunters will be allowed in those woods. If he becomes cornered even though he hadent hurt civilians, I can't imagine that he wouldn't be looking for hostages eyc

happy thoughts
10-01-2014, 09:35 AM
I am surprised to hear that hunters will be allowed in those woods. If he becomes cornered even though he hadent hurt civilians, I can't imagine that he wouldn't be looking for hostages eyc

I was a little surprised, too but the area depends a lot on tourism and hunting. I think many business owners there would not be happy. Unbelievably, there are already some residents planning to sue the state for violating their 4th amendment rights due to road closures and warrantless building searches. That said, If a fool wants to be out there in the woods, we probably have to let them though I heard some areas will be restricted.

Cabin
10-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I was a little surprised, too but the area depends a lot on tourism and hunting. I think many business owners there would not be happy. Unbelievably, there are already some residents planning to sue the state for violating their 4th amendment rights due to road closures and warrantless building searches. That said, If a fool wants to be out there in the woods, we probably have to let them though I heard some areas will be restricted.

First off the media ask bad questions. The GC can not close hunting in a small area and the impacted area is a very small section of 3D. So yes they will allow hunting. The police are limited as to what they can force people to do as well. But they can restrict access to active search area. What I found unbelievable was that the police placed so many under 'house arrest' for so long.

Cabin
10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I was wrong!

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=12775&PageID=648010&mode=2&contentid=http://pubcontent.state.pa.us/publishedcontent/publish/marketingsites/game_commission/content/resources/newsreleases/newsrelease/articles/release__085_14.html

' Game Commission Executive Director R. Matthew Hough today issued an executive order to close temporarily the hunting and trapping seasons within Price, Barrett and Paradise townships in Monroe County; and Blooming Grove, Porter, Lehman and Greene townships in Pike County.
The townships all are within Wildlife Management Unit 3D.
The closure affects all private and public lands, including the portions of State Game Lands 180, 183 and 221 located within those townships. Those portions of game lands are closed to all public access while the executive order is in effect.
Hunting and trapping seasons will remain closed in the identified townships until the executive order is lifted, which will be announced by the Game Commission in a statewide news release that will be posted on the agency’s website at the time it is issued.'

adk1
10-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I really dislike sue happy people.

adk1
10-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Good , that is the right decision imo

Cabin
10-02-2014, 07:02 AM
But it does make us wonder if they have any idea where he is. We have to remember it was not the police that found his car. It has been reported that two officers have fallen from a tree stand and were air lifted out last night.

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-03-2014, 02:54 AM
I was wrong!

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=12775&PageID=648010&mode=2&contentid=http://pubcontent.state.pa.us/publishedcontent/publish/marketingsites/game_commission/content/resources/newsreleases/newsrelease/articles/release__085_14.html

' Game Commission Executive Director R. Matthew Hough today issued an executive order to close temporarily the hunting and trapping seasons within Price, Barrett and Paradise townships in Monroe County; and Blooming Grove, Porter, Lehman and Greene townships in Pike County.
The townships all are within Wildlife Management Unit 3D.
The closure affects all private and public lands, including the portions of State Game Lands 180, 183 and 221 located within those townships. Those portions of game lands are closed to all public access while the executive order is in effect.
Hunting and trapping seasons will remain closed in the identified townships until the executive order is lifted, which will be announced by the Game Commission in a statewide news release that will be posted on the agency’s website at the time it is issued.'
welcome to Amerika

if some one wants to go hunt the same woods let Darwin take care of them

Cabin
10-03-2014, 08:58 AM
They have a $175,000 reward out for him and ban the one group that know the area as well or better than the suspect. Well as long as they keep the activity in the northern part of the county, I have to be in the woods bring down firewood for the winter now.

adk1
10-03-2014, 01:35 PM
well, dont go around impersonating a law enforcement official....

Cabin
10-03-2014, 01:47 PM
well, dont go around impersonating a law enforcement official....

No I will be sure to stay out of old wooden deer stands. ;-) People are starting to make 'sightings' all over the place, even outside the search area.

unc23win
10-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Reported to be Captured without incident about 45 minutes ago. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/30/eric-frein-suspect-in-pennsylvania-trooper-ambush-taken-into-custody/

Maplewalnut
10-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Yea, Feds got him in abandoned resort
Looks like he 'fell' a couple times on the way to police car
Lol

Cabin
10-31-2014, 08:00 AM
Those old hangers can be dangerous places. ;-)