PDA

View Full Version : Energy Audit

gmcooper
07-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Has anyone had an energy audit for an NRCS Eqip grant done this year? If so what was the cost?
Thanks
Mark

GeneralStark
07-23-2014, 06:09 AM
I just kept track of quantity of wood burned and electricity used in the 2014 season. If you are going for an ro, I would speak with an nrcs agent as I was told by one they will not be doing the ro program anymore.

gmcooper
07-23-2014, 06:48 AM
We have dealt with USDA NRCS for many years and I have to say this program seems to have more opinions and miss information than any we have come across. Timelines and deadlines vary depending on who you talk with. Frustrating but we'll giving it a try.

GeneralStark
07-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Agreed. After two years of trying to get the ro grant, the first year it was not available because I built a new sugarhouse and now they say it will likely not be funded, I decided to just buy a used ro. They have been very nice folks to work with, as has the FSA, but I just couldn't run the risk of waiting until next christmas to find out if it would actually work out. I'm hoping to be all ready to go by the end of January, and wit all the other projects going on I want the ro all ready by Jan 1.

So, I just pulled the trigger on a lightly used and immaculately maintained SPringtech Elite 500. Looking forward to next season.

gmcooper
07-24-2014, 09:51 PM
General I understand your decision. I have a back up plan as well. The quote for my audit seems way high compared to some I have heard about.

K.I. Joe
07-25-2014, 04:09 AM
thats because you are in Maine, everything costs more here LOL

TheMapleMoose
07-25-2014, 06:46 PM
We had a guy from Vermont do ours as he was one of the few that could do it for a maple program. I believe his name was David grimmeson (spelling?). I think he charged ~$900 (don't quote me) and the nrcs paid for it. There didn't end up being any money for maple equip, in our area atleast. But those guys at the NRCS have no clue what's going on....they like to use vague timelines.