PDA

View Full Version : What's the differance?

sawyer40
01-12-2007, 12:07 PM
The 5/16 tubing I have is blue and I was looking at differant websites and see white,and grey tubing what is the differance between them? Everything I have has been in storage for 5 years so the tubing is hard and brittle and I have to replace it.

maplwrks
01-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Sawyer,
Every maple equip. manufacturer has their own tubing they like to push. Basically, there are two types, stiff and 4 seasons. The stiff tubing is made from polyethylene and is available in variety of colors, wall thicknesses and price. It's your call as to what you like and what you can afford. 4 seasons tubing is more flexible and works great for drop lines. It is light blue in color and a little pricier than the poly tubing. Hope this sheds some light on this subject for you.

HanginAround
01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Have never heard the terms stiff or 4 seasons around here. I think 4 seasons was a brand?

Basically, rigid or semi-rigid, and different grades of each. Some have longer warranty, etc. Semi-rigid is easier to work with for drops, rigid is a little less stretchy, so better for lats, but lots of people use the semi for lats too. Ask you dealer what people use most, and about price, and that will be a good place to start.

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
01-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Stiff = Rigid (synonyms)

4-Seasons = Semi-Rigid

4-seasons is IPL(MaplePro)'s version of Semi-Rigid....Basically it is the Same thing.(very plyable)

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-12-2007, 09:07 PM
On the back of the new issue of the Maple News is a coupon from Leader for 10% off of any tubing purchase $ 250 or more which would be 5 rolls if anyone is interested.