PDA

View Full Version : charts that compare flow rates at different slopes

adironmaple
07-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Will be installing some new mainline this summer and was wondering about different size pipe and their flow rates at different slopes. Does anyone have a chart so I can better choose a pipe size. TIA

GeneralStark
07-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Will be installing some new mainline this summer and was wondering about different size pipe and their flow rates at different slopes. Does anyone have a chart so I can better choose a pipe size. TIA

I would suggest picking up a copy of Cornell's tubing system guide book. The benefits will far outweigh the cost.

BreezyHill
07-08-2014, 04:36 PM
I have the charts that Steve Childs of Cornell made, nut you will need to pm me as the file will not up load onto here.

Ben

DrTimPerkins
07-08-2014, 07:51 PM
I have the charts that Steve Childs of Cornell made, nut you will need to pm me as the file will not up load onto here.

Please note that this material might well be copyrighted.

BreezyHill
07-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Don't see any Copyright notes in the documents I received.

DrTimPerkins
07-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Don't see any Copyright notes in the documents I received.

A copyright notice is no longer necessary. It can appear or not appear. Given that this document is available for purchase from Cornell or maple equipment suppliers, my guess is they would prefer it not be disseminated electronically free of charge.

GeneralStark
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
A portion of the booklet was available through the webinar Steve did a while back for free. This included the line loss charts and some other parts of it. This is no longer available it appears.

Is it really that big of a deal to just buy the book and support this type of research?