PDA

View Full Version : Through the roof or wall

Birddog
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm in the process of building a small sugar shack (10x12 with 10/12 roof pitch). I have a Mason 2x3. The stack mounts on the back side and requires an angled piece of pipe or a T to go up. I'm thinking it might be best to go out the sidewall into a T and up. However I'd like to hear how others have handled this.

Thanks for your input.

Larry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loch Muller
07-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I ran my old 2x4 right up through the roof with a 90 degree elbow at the base. Doing this way allowed me to see more of the stack and make sure I wasn't about to set the place on fire. If you have a blower on the arch running straight out the wall then up should work fine too though.

MISugarDaddy
07-08-2014, 07:35 PM
A lot depends on where you want to place your evaporator in your sugarhouse. If you want to be able to walk around your evaporator then you would want it to go up through the roof, allowing you to place the evaporator away from the back wall. Also realize that the stack is going to be very hot and you don't want to risk catching the wall on fire from the chimney flue being too close to combustible materials. Just a couple of thoughts to consider.

sugarwoodacres
10-25-2014, 10:21 PM
I have built the temp sugar house for a few winters now. I have a bilodeau 2 x 5 and when I ran the stack straight up it boils better