PDA

View Full Version : Can i use this pump?

Shaun
06-24-2014, 07:03 PM
18GBC1014G4 Multi-Stage Booster Pump 1HP Water Cannon

I happened to get my hands on one of these pumps. It looks like a high pressure pump, I was hoping to use it on an electric releaser. Will it work?

Machinist67
06-24-2014, 09:02 PM
That pump would work great for a RO set up. That pump is a 18GPM max pressure is 600TDH (260PSI). Do you know how high of elevation and length of pipe run that you will have?

Shaun
06-25-2014, 09:32 AM
For releaser use I really do not need to pump far as the sap flows right to me . Maybe an ro build is in my future. What size ro would this pump be capable of? How would I size a feed pump for this?

Machinist67
06-25-2014, 10:32 AM
That pump would pump 600GPH at 175PSI for an RO. On the releaser, if you do not have to pump your sap very far, you could uses a small SS sump pump. It would need to be sized for the max amount of sap per minute and the desired pressure. You do not want a big pump cycling on and off frequently. Motor have a limit of how many starts they can do in a minute (cycle starts)

Shaun
06-25-2014, 11:49 AM
I have been reading some. Would this pump be able to just do 1 or 2 4" membranes or is it to big? my setup now does about 20 gph it seems as if one membrane for starters would allow me to tap many more trees and roughly be close to the output of what I am boiling on now.

So I would need just a shallow well pump to feed this pump? 175psi is enough pressure for an RO? Is there a recommended membrane for this pressure?