PDA

View Full Version : Maplerama 2014 Franklin County

Jason Gagne
06-19-2014, 06:44 AM
The 2014 Vermont Maplerama will be held in Franklin County Vermont on July 24-26 at the Franklin County Field days.

Come See the
It will be a full weekend! 14 tours have been scheduled, great food - cookouts and entertainment by Bucky Lewis! 65 Camper sites (with water and power) will be available at the Field days with water hook ups. Econo, LaQuinta are hotels located in St. Albans (rooms are going fast). There are some great B&B in the county also.

More info at http://franklincountymaple.com/maplerama.html

We are very excited and proud to present the following tour stops for Maplerama 2014!

Friday Tour Stops
Tators Sugar Shack - Stephen Tetreault - 5000 taps, wood evaporator, RO
Green Mountain Mainlines - JR Sloan - boils 130K taps, State of the art sap buying facility, 2 evaporators new Technology
Ryans Maple Ridge Sugarhouse, Inc - Matt & Travis Ryan - 36K taps new building, oil evaporator, Tubing installers
Branon Family Maple Orchards - Tom & Cecile Branon & Sons - New building, oil evaporator, RO's, 66K taps
Elm Brook Farm - David Howe - 10K taps sells sap, Distillery
Memory Lane Maple - Garth Atherton - Pellet evaporator, 1800 taps, 3 different tubing set up CDL Vacuum monitoring system
Gagne Maple - Fernand & Pat Gagne & Sons - wood chip evaporator, 22K taps, TapTrack monitoring system, very innovative sugaring operation!
Cutler View Maples - Dan Rainville - Oil evaporator, 1600 taps, RO - new Technology- small scale w/advanced Technology
Dubie Family Maple - Mark & Muffin Dubie - Steam evaporator, 50000 taps all to the sugarhouse
Boston Post Dairy - Dairy and Goat farm featuring award winning cheeses made on site
Gervais Family Maple -Gabe Gervais - 45K taps, oil evaporator, on very large operating farm
B&T Black Creek Farm - Tom & Sue Howrigan & Sons - Old School house renovated for a sugar house, oil Evaporator, 15K taps on an operating Dairy Farm

Saturday Tour Stops
L'Esperance Family Maple - Cody L'Esperance - 20K taps, owned and purchased sap, all woods are off location - sap trucked in.
Boston Post Dairy - Dairy and Goat farm featuring award winning cheeses made on site
Memory Lane Maple - Garth Atherton - Pellet evaporator, 2000 taps, 3 different tubing set ups, CDL Vacuum monitoring system
Gagne Maple - Fernand & Pat Gagne & Sons - wood chip evaporator, 22K taps very innovative!
Cutler View Maples - Dan Rainville - Oil evaporator, 1600 taps, RO - new Technology- small scale w/advanced Technology
B&T Black Creek Farm - Tom & Sue Howrigan & Sons - Old School house renovated for a sugar house, oil Evaporator, 15K taps on an operating Dairy Farm

Companion Tour
Joey's Junction - A quick stop before we get on the road to grab hot coffee and fresh baked goods.
Due North Winery - Local Wine tasting
is teaming up with Maggie T's breads and
Boucher Family Farm for cheese tasting
Boston Post Dairy - soap making, visit the cheese room, goat cheese tasting etc.
Toby Fulwiler - watch a local bowl maker transform wood into bowls in his newly designed shop
Barn Quilts - we will follow the local Barn Quilt Trail to view beautifully designed and locally made barn quilt designs that will take us along back roads of Franklin County
Downtown St. Albans - a visit to our newly redesigned downtown where guests can enjoy a unique shopping experience.
St. Albans Historical Museum - learn about Franklin County's local history. This year we are celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the St. Albans Raid!
More to come!

P.S. Tours will be on Coach Buses not school bus!:)

Jason Gagne
06-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Vermont Maplerama 2014

Thursday NightJuly 24
Vendor night 4-8pm
Come see all the LATEST AND GREATEST
All major dealers will be showing their equipment

Maplerama 2014 is currently collecting door prizes with some major donations - I will post more on this later

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-21-2014, 07:30 AM
I know it wouldnt happen this year but another boil off would be awesome

Jason Gagne
06-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Flat,

What would a boil off contest of today(2014) look like with all the different fuel sources? Also could/would/should this need to be paired with RO technology, which is common today? This would be a lot of fun!

Jason

PerryFamily
06-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Thinking of coming up for the tour on Sat only is this possible? If so where do I go to pay or meet?

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Flat,

What would a boil off contest of today(2014) look like with all the different fuel sources? Also could/would/should this need to be paired with RO technology, which is common today? This would be a lot of fun!

Jason

All would be same size same fuel source, all rigs identical.

Jason Gagne
06-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Yes you can come up for Saturday only. Follow the link: http://franklincountymaple.com/maplerama.htm
The form is on the right side

Jason

Jason Gagne
06-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Friday Night entertainment after the banquet. Its going to be a Mapletastic Fun!

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Yes you can come up for Saturday only. Follow the link: http://franklincountymaple.com/maplerama.htm
The form is on the right side

Jason
link not working Jason not for me

Jason Gagne
06-29-2014, 06:53 AM
Thanks Flat, Lets try this again.

http://franklincountymaple.com/maplerama.html

PerryFamily
06-29-2014, 07:24 AM
The link worked perfectly for me with one exception, I neglected to notice it said JULY not June!! Oh well it was a good day for a ride. See you in July!!

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Thanks Flat, Lets try this again.

http://franklincountymaple.com/maplerama.html

worked that time, tell "Moe" Hi for me

Jason Gagne
07-12-2014, 06:18 AM
This is a growing list of Vendors and Dealers that will be at the show! Register Today
Farm Family
Leader Evaporator
Mempro
MES
Aftek
Taptrack
Sugarbush Electronic
Bascom Maple Farm
Powr Point

VMSMA
Farming Magazine
SugarHill
VTMF
FSA
Artisan Glass
Kinney Pike
Perceptions
USDA NASS
Tom Hungerford Insurance
CDL
New England Container
SB Collins
Champlain Valley Equipment
D.G. USA Inc.
Lapierre USA

Jason Gagne
07-13-2014, 06:21 AM
*Early Bird Registration has been extended to July 16th!*

Visit:
http://franklincountymaple.com/

Mark
07-14-2014, 07:53 AM
*Early Bird Registration has been extended to July 16th!*

Visit:
http://franklincountymaple.com/
I tried all the hotels listed and they all show booked full, any more in the area?

Jason Gagne
07-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Hotels in the area have filled up. There are plenty of Camp Sites set available with water and power hook up.

The Anchorage in Rouses Point NY has room available (about a 30min-beautiful drive on Lake Champlain) http://www.anchoragemotelny.com/

The Burlington Area also has rooms (50min drive)

Early Registration has been a BIG success; this is going to be an exciting Maplerama with all the Fantastic tour stops, food, and entertainment!

syrup2nv
07-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Jason,

I forgot to pre-register. Can I register Thursday at the field days sight?

Thanks in advance,

Jason Gagne
07-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Yes, Absolutely You can Register on Thursday Night or Friday morning, we will try to make room for all. Currently we have 200 Pre-registered guest and 30 plus vendors. We our planning on 330 people, its looking like a big tour!!!

Just IN: SB Collins and Clarence Brown Fuels are giving away $1500 worth of fuel for a Door Prize!!

Jason

Amber Gold
07-22-2014, 11:24 AM
A friend and I are planning on going, but won't be registering till Friday morning...last minute decision and just working out some details. Looking forward to it. Looks like a great tour.

mapleack
07-22-2014, 08:27 PM
I'll be there, hope to be able to meet you guys this year.

Jason Gagne
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Good news, got the evaporator all cleaned, polished and reassembled ready for MapleRama. Tomorrow we will fill the Wood Chip feeder and be ready to boil on Friday for the tours. We look forward to seeing everyone!

Jason