PDA

View Full Version : Water supply to sugarshack

coyote
06-05-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm from Pennsylvania. We have been making syrup at our cabin for about 10 years. Looking to get inspected to start selling retail. My problem is that we do not have a well on the property. What other water sources are acceptable for washing of equipment? We do have an RO, so that permeate is available to me, but will that pass inspection? Any ideas would be appreciated.

upsmapleman
06-05-2014, 12:46 PM
You need to have your water tested every year and it needs to have zero bacteria. Not sure what they call it. Do you jug your syrup at another location? That may qualify you if you have running water there. A lot depends on your inspector.

mellondome
06-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Where do you get the water from that you wash your ro with when starting up?

coyote
06-06-2014, 03:57 AM
I haul that water from home where I do have a well. Could I somehow use that water for my inspection?

220 maple
06-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Every state is different, Well Water and Spring Water has to be tested if your inspected in WV.

Mark 220 Maple

mellondome
06-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Yes. Having posed the same question to an inspector, they stated to test the water source you wash the ro with at season start as it is the source you will also use if you dont have permeate water.