PDA

View Full Version : Deep well Pumping

K.I. Joe
06-03-2014, 07:20 PM
to those of you who pump sap long distances with a deep well pump, how do you get all the sap out of the tank when the pump doesnt suck from the bottom.

upsmapleman
06-04-2014, 06:37 AM
I have a tank on my Kubota RTV and I go and drain the line and pump the sap into the tank and haul to my sugar house. I may get 8 to 10 thousand gallons of sap in a day and only have to haul 150 gallon.

Rockport
06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
I used a deep well sub-pump at first in the tank and then moved it out of it. I took some 4 pvc pipe placed the pump in it put a 90 on the pump discharge and a tee so the pump line came out vertical then connected the other side of the tee to the tank with a quick disconnect coupling .The tank would drain into and after the pump was done I would take the capped end on the other end of the pump didnt glue used a big hoseclamp to hold it then drain it.If it was going to be warm I would drain if not I would leave the 1/2 gl in the pump. I also covered the pump with dirt to keep from freezing or make some other insulating barrier.
Good luck ! just an idea.

K.I. Joe
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
thanks for the advice. I am going with the tube out of the tank. I think that will work for me