PDA

View Full Version : 2014 repercussions

Bentley Wood Maple
05-18-2014, 04:13 AM
As I thank people for stopping to buy syrup I try to explain what happened this year. Guy stopped yesterday asking for 5 gallons, he bought 3 gallons last year but ran out.
I appreciate repeat buisness but wonder how many of our customers will return next year after being let down this year??

maplerookie
05-18-2014, 05:37 AM
As I thank people for stopping to buy syrup I try to explain what happened this year. Guy stopped yesterday asking for 5 gallons, he bought 3 gallons last year but ran out.
I appreciate repeat buisness but wonder how many of our customers will return next year after being let down this year?? If they like your product... they will return next year because it beats the heck out of store bought stuff!

maple flats
05-18-2014, 06:24 AM
I agree, if you made a quality product they will return. The last time I ran out (I think it was 2009) of my dark amber, a large customer from Kansas had to buy from another producer. The next year they ordered 8 gal rather than the 4 gal of several previous orders, so they would have a reserve stock. They are a cattle rancher and store it in their walk in freezer. They told me when they ordered the 8 gal that they didn't want to have to buy from anyone else, they liked my syrup better.

TheMapleMoose
05-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Maybe I look at it wrong, but why not just buy what you need to fill the orders in a low yield season?

Bentley Wood Maple
05-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Maybe I look at it wrong, but why not just buy what you need to fill the orders in a low yield season?
I have made it known I would like to buy 50 gallons but pretty much all of us localy are in the same boat, not enough to cover our own customers let alone help anyone else out.

Mark
05-18-2014, 11:59 AM
I have made it known I would like to buy 50 gallons but pretty much all of us localy are in the same boat, not enough to cover our own customers let alone help anyone else out.
The syrup buyers that have been calling me keep telling me about the huge amount of syrup made this year and warning the syrup price is going to drop. Then I talk to others and they talk about all the off flavor syrup in storage and the problems of buying good flavored syrup and avoiding the off stuff.

TheMapleMoose
05-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Well, we had an average crop. That being said, if you are buying bulk it definatly needs to be from a supplier you trust. I have a feeling that it's similar to 2012 when there was a lot of off flavor syrup being made....atleast that was the rumor. Anything we bought was good.