PDA

View Full Version : May Journal

GeneralStark
05-16-2014, 05:12 PM
What the heck is going on here? No May Journal til May 16th? We're slacking here.

Been doing lots of maple. Cutting wood, cleaning up, making products, selling products, took down a tubing system, starting to plan some logging and setup of more woods.

Shopping for a used 4x4 ATV and hoping to buy a Mark 7 logging arch to do thinning with.

SevenCreeksSap
05-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Everybody's worn out from the season I guess. I've noticed way fewer new posts. We got a nice pile of wood from a clearing job. three tri axle loads of logs and cut limbs. I'm picking through it slowly, keeping good long logs to mill, everything else is getting split between the hous wood pile and syrup wood pile. mostly keeping straight grained pieces for the syrup pile because they'll split small easier. what a score though. getting it cut to be seasoned at least.

also finally finished bottling all the sweet we had frozen, and ended up with 23 gallons, our best year to this point. always something to do for next year. gotta move some mainline this weekend so a neighbor can cut us a new trail up our hill, maybe finally be able to drive up it at least half way.

sjdoyon
05-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Finished boiling the 1st of May, spent the next week pulling taps and getting the barrels loaded onto a tractor trailer and shipped. Traded in our RO last week (sold it upon arrival to dealer) for a four post RO. Next project in Sept/Oct, add on another 2,000+ taps and install new 8,400 gallon sap tank.