PDA

View Full Version : Cdl

Jlrohde
05-14-2014, 08:30 PM
I would like some feed back. Looking at evaporators. CDL chinook vs CDL inferno
Any thoughts on these 2

nymapleguy607
05-15-2014, 07:58 AM
I think you mean the Intens-o-Fire, Leader builds the inferno arch, and that is a basic air under fire arch. The Chinook and the Intens-o-Fire are essentially the same arch. Both utilize a high pressure blower to inject air into the firebox, air is injected through the door and at the back wall of the fire box to supply secondary over fire combustion air, air is also added beneath the grates for primary combustion air. The Intens-o-Fire has air dampers that are manually controled by the operator, the Chinook utilizes a computer brain to controll the air. I believe it is basically a series of themocouples, you set a setpoint for the stack temperature and it modulates the air to hold that temperature. They are considered gasification arches ot they can be ran in a full forced draft mode for maximum gallons per hour. Both are a solid unit but if I had to chose I would go with the Intensofire because I would rather not have the computer control, but thats just me. The only difference between the two is the air control.

sjdoyon
05-15-2014, 06:14 PM
One of our local sugarmaker runs the Intens-o-Fire and we've help boil a few times. Runs very hot and nice rig. Levers weren't an issue to work with. Only issue was the loud noise made by the blower. You couldn't talk to someone near the evaporator, neighbor ended up moving blower outside the sugarhouse. Not sure if CDL has rectified this issue yet. I believe the neighbor's unit is 6-7 years old.

sam1234
05-15-2014, 07:19 PM
I think you mean the Intens-o-Fire, Leader builds the inferno arch, and that is a basic air under fire arch. The Chinook and the Intens-o-Fire are essentially the same arch. Both utilize a high pressure blower to inject air into the firebox, air is injected through the door and at the back wall of the fire box to supply secondary over fire combustion air, air is also added beneath the grates for primary combustion air. The Intens-o-Fire has air dampers that are manually controled by the operator, the Chinook utilizes a computer brain to controll the air. I believe it is basically a series of themocouples, you set a setpoint for the stack temperature and it modulates the air to hold that temperature. They are considered gasification arches ot they can be ran in a full forced draft mode for maximum gallons per hour. Both are a solid unit but if I had to chose I would go with the Intensofire because I would rather not have the computer control, but thats just me. The only difference between the two is the air control.

Hi, nymapleguy is 99% right, but The Chinook and the Intens'O'fire are different in another important point. The Chinook differs from the intens'O'fire because the secondary air is preheated. the Intens'O'fire inject ambient temperature secondary air. The Chinook, for the same boiling rate will have stack temperature lower (+/- 400F less), which make it more efficient. In other words, if you are looking for comfort (automatic air control) and efficiency (low stack temp), the Chinook is your machine. If you are looking for HUGE boiling rate, go for the Intens'O'fire as the Intens'o'fire is basically a STOCK CAR since it has no restriction in the exhaust (heat exchanger) which explains why you can have greater boiling rate.

Hope it helps!
Samuel