PDA

View Full Version : Orlon cone filters

lmathews
01-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Hi,
I was wondering how everyone that uses cone filters clean them and what you use if anything?I use just hot water.I picked up app. 20 that are 3 years old and I would like to sanitize them but not sure what to use and if they should be put in a washing machine.Any info would be apreciated.
Thank You Lee

Fred Henderson
01-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Don't use any bleach or you will never get it out. Been there done that. The wife just puts them in the washer machine with clear water.

ibby458
01-10-2007, 05:47 AM
During the season, we turn them inside out and hose out good with hot water. As the prefilters catch most of the crap, that seems to be good enough.

After the season's over, we run them thru the washer with hot water, but no soap. A couple washes like that cleans them out good. Then we boil them for an hour or so in clear water, dry and store in a cloth bag until next year.

20 should last you a Looong time!

super sappy
01-10-2007, 06:26 AM
I hang them over the edge of the flu pan wile boiling to get the last drops of sugar . Then hose them off and let dry on the clothes line. At the end of the season I just boil in in the canner for a wile and let drip dry. No soap no bleach. Super sappy

Fred Henderson
01-10-2007, 06:32 AM
SS, if you got the space put a wire over your syrup pan and han them from the wire. The steam works wonders.

Jim Brown
01-10-2007, 07:59 AM
We do as everyone else we rinse in HOT water and then wash in the washing machine with hot water only! We run about 3-4 pre-filters ahead of the felt.
This year we will not be so particular as we have a new filter press coming!
Jim