PDA

View Full Version : Maple/Walnut Syrup pricing

Machinist67
05-02-2014, 10:06 PM
I am bottling Maple/walnut syrup 80-20. Does anyone else sell it and for how much?

happy thoughts
05-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Not a clue about pricing, but wondering what you'll call it and how you will label and grade it. By law, the walnut syrup could be considered a flavoring or an additive. I'm not sure what that might mean for marketing your product. You might want to check into that.

That said, good luck. Your product really sounds interesting and should be a good seller :)

heus
05-03-2014, 08:16 AM
I have been wondering about the walnut syrup thing. If you are using the same equipment to produce both maple and walnut syrup, don't you have to indicate on the label of the maple syrup that it was produced with equipment that came into contact with tree nuts? I ask this because with all of the nut allergies now in children, I see foods all the time with this info on the label. Or do walnuts not fall into the nut allergy category?

TonyL
05-03-2014, 10:46 AM
How would you describe the flavor? I've been curious about this very same thing, and I'm interested in hearing how you make out.

Cabin
05-03-2014, 10:59 AM
I have been wondering about the walnut syrup thing. If you are using the same equipment to produce both maple and walnut syrup, don't you have to indicate on the label of the maple syrup that it was produced with equipment that came into contact with tree nuts? I ask this because with all of the nut allergies now in children, I see foods all the time with this info on the label. Or do walnuts not fall into the nut allergy category?

That brings up an interesting point. Are the allergens in the sap or only in the nut??

Machinist67
05-03-2014, 12:54 PM
I processes all the walnut syrup in different pans and I also have a nut allergy label on it just to be sure.