PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Distilled Water in drums

BlueberryHill
04-29-2014, 09:33 AM
I have a guy that is looking for distilled water and he needs 3 drums worth. Does anyone save their distilled water or does anyone know of a source for distilled water. I found places that sell R/O treated water and even deionized water, but this customer is specifically interested in distilled water. Best I can find is gallons of it. He wants bulk. I figured this might be a good place to ask since a lot of guys are essentially producing distilled water with their hoods. Thanks!!

jmayerl
04-29-2014, 12:56 PM
I would think RO'ed would be the same. Should have asked weeks ago, maybe someone could have saved some. My hood drip tray has traces of sugar in it from the sap boiling so it is not pure.

BlueberryHill
04-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Figured I would answer my own question here in case anyone was interested. Spring Hill Water in Haverhill, MA distills water and if I supply the empty drums they will fill them for $25 each. Best thing I could find that was somewhat local. In case any of you maple producers feel like buying distilled even though you make it for free.

cncaboose
04-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Water from a dehumidifier is distilled. It would take a few days but my basement dehumidifier would fill a 55 gallon drum in less than 2 weeks. Gives you a drier basement too.

Randy Brutkoski
04-29-2014, 10:02 PM
I think the Federation still has some kicking around.