PDA

View Full Version : USNS Paul Buck update

Steam
01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Just thought I would let people where we are and where we are heading. Each day I'm getting father away from my maples.

Tomorrow (10 JAN) we will be crossing the Equator around noon. So if you draw a line from the Red Sea to Perth, where it crosses the Equator that's where I'll be! IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

From Australia we head South to Mcmurdo Station in Antarctica. Yep, going to the South Pole. Not really, I'll be a few hundred miles from it. We are carrying the fuel that will keep them up and running for a year. Scheduled to meet the icebreaker around 01 FEB.

Hopefully I'll make it home for some late season tapping.

Right now the sea temp is 84 deg F. and the engine room is a warm buck ten. Just think, I'm heading for ice.

Happy tapping, I'll keep checking in, good luck with the season.

Gregg

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Greg,

Good luck and Godspeed. I pray for you and every other member of the military each day defending the wonderful freedom we have in country that is taken for granted by most each day. I cringe each time I see fatalities and/or injuries.

Take care and hopefully you will get some season in!!! :D

Fred Henderson
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM
You take care of yourself and others around you. Are you commisioned or enlisted? Do you get to know the world news? US sub had accident with Japanese freighter, no injuries were reported.

802maple
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey Gregg

Thank you for your service and make it home safe. We are praying for that for you and all your fellow servicemen and women

Russell Lampron
01-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Gregg,

Good luck and godspeed, be safe and keep warm as best as you can when you are in Antarctica. I will tap some of my maples for you. Thank you for taking care of our country. Hope you make it back in time to catch some of the sugaring season.

Russ

Homestead Maple
01-09-2007, 05:59 PM
God bless you and keep you in all ways Gregg and thank you for your service to our country and it's people.

NH Maplemaker
01-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey Greg, a freind of mine left yesterday for the south pole :!: He is flying down. He is in charge of some ice drilling project that they do down there :!: He just gott back from there 2 days befor christmas, and headed back already :!: Maybe he will fly over your ship :idea:
As other have said, thank you and your ship mates for all you do :!: Jim L
PS you can alway join one of us if you don't have time to tap your own when you get home. :D

HanginAround
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for checking in, be safe in your travels. May you be with your maples and your family as soon as possible.