PDA

View Full Version : CDL 4 season Shadow tubing

nymapleguy607
04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Hey guys,

I was at CDL's open house over the weekend and I was looking at there tubing and saw that they make a 5/16 tubing that is a dark gray color. They were saying that it was designed for cooler sugar bushes, I have a section of creek bed that I am going to be installing tubing in and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if dark coller tubing makes a difference in sap yeild. Also, does the darker tubing create problems in the later season? Thanks

cur dog
04-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I put in 20 rolls of it this past year. My woods are on a cold, steep, north face. Thats part of the reason that I went with it. It pretty much disappears in the woods. It has a fair amount of stretch, and flexability. We'll see if it is all laying on the ground in hot weather this summer. So far I like it. If you want to check it out, let me know. You are more than welcome to check out mine.

nymapleguy607
04-29-2014, 04:56 AM
Did the darker tubing seem to yield more sap compared to blue line?

cur dog
04-29-2014, 06:29 AM
I don't have numbers to prove sap yield either way. I think it definately absorbs the early morning sun better. Areas like the loop going into the saddle and the loop around the end tree, often have ice slugs in the morning. Getting things thawed faster makes sense to me.

nymapleguy607
04-29-2014, 07:19 AM
That was kind of my thought as well.