PDA

View Full Version : cdl smartspout

doocat
04-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Who uses the smartspout without barbs and any vacuum leak isses? Looking to plck some up this weekend here in vermont

Thanks

Drew Pond Maple
04-29-2014, 09:48 PM
I haven't used these spouts, but I did use Leaders clear check valves without barbs and didn't have any issues (no leaks).
Hope this helps

Randy Brutkoski
04-29-2014, 10:00 PM
I haven't used these spouts, but I did use Leaders clear check valves without barbs and didn't have any issues (no leaks).
Hope this helpsyup, that helps him...

spud
04-30-2014, 06:28 AM
I used CDL smart spouts without barbs for the first two years on my set up. They work great and I never had a leak. Studies show that three year old tubing will start showing decrease in production of about 15% on the third year of tubing. This is why I am now using the CV2s. I am not trying to increase production using the CV2s but only maintain the production one would get using new tubing. Only other option is to change drops every 3-5 years.

Spud

Maplewalnut
04-30-2014, 09:15 AM
I also use the non barbed and did not have any problems with leaks. I did hear some fellow sugarmakers that switched to barbed if they had leader tubing in their woods for a tighter fit.

nymapleguy607
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Stupid question when you say without a barb are you talking about the ones that just have the small ridge at the base of the fitting? If that is the type you are refering to I have used them for a few years without any issues with them leaking.

Drew Pond Maple
04-30-2014, 04:35 PM
yup, that helps him...I thought he was talking about leaks where the tubing slides over the spout. Maybe I should have worded it differently like I use spouts without barbs. Sorry