PDA

View Full Version : Tube cleaner

Diesel Pro
04-18-2014, 12:38 PM
I run around 130 taps with individual short tubes into 5 gallon pails with lids. This leaves me with 130 pieces of tubing to clean and store. last year I stored them in one of my 65 gallon poly leg tanks. I also rinsed them in same tank.

My question is, how long could I leave the tubes soak in a diluted solution of tube cleaner?

My thought was to fill the tank at maple camp and let things soak on the drive home, maybe more if acceptable. Then I drain the tank into another tank and so on until all have had solution inside. I then refill with water and rinse. I also have done some agitation by placing on the pallet forks on my tractor and shaking around.

Also are there any environmental issues with disposal of this solution or can I let it go on a gravel driveway?

Diesel Pro
04-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Well 48 hrs with no apparent ill effects. There is some light colored flaky looking floaty junk in the tank so it apparently did it's job. Now to pull the tubes back out and rinse water through one at a time, wipe, air dry, and put back into dry tank for summer storage.