PDA

View Full Version : Leader ro

stewardsdairy
04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Heard leader is going to be making a new line of ro's. any information on them?

maplwrks
04-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Leader doesn't make ROs

maple flats
04-16-2014, 07:37 AM
Springtech makes their RO's. They might be looking at another manufacturer too or instead, I don't know.

Brent
04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Actually Springtech is a Leader private brand label put on a series of rigs made by Airablo in Quebec.
That explains in part the ridiculous bastardized English that they call a users manual.
I think last year or so D&G bought the Airablo shop so Leader may not be happy with a
competitor building RO's for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see a change.

themapleking
04-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Springtech makes RO for Leader & Dominion & Grimm. Leader is looking to make their own RO. Should be out with in 2 yrs.

sapman
04-19-2014, 10:42 PM
I believe Brent is right. Both ROs made by Airablo. D&G bought them out back in like '07 or so, according to what Bruce Bascom told me. Think he said Airablo makes other ag equipment, too.

TheMapleMoose
04-20-2014, 06:11 AM
I was also under the impression D&G bought airablo and was supplying leaders ROs. Wouldn't be surprised to see them develop their own.

PerryFamily
04-20-2014, 06:53 AM
Was told yesterday from a bulk packer in my area that leader did in fact make 6 prototype RO units for 2014 and were distributed up north. Will most likely end over priced like their other stuff.

Although I don't have a MES RO I have bought products from them and had a lot of conversations with Clayton and Dan and had great luck with them. Lots of info and a beautiful product. If I was in the market for new or just consumables ( DE, filters, soap, membranes...) I would definitely look at MES.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Does MES have a website?

TheMapleMoose
04-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Does MES have a website?

Mapleexperts.com

PerryFamily
04-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Pretty fortunate to have knowledge and parts 10 minutes from the sugarhouse at Maple Expert Solutions.

Homestead Maple
04-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Anyone have a H2O Innovations 45 brix machine? I wonder what syrup tastes like that is ro'd to 45 brix?

PerryFamily
04-25-2014, 10:07 PM
I noticed the "leader" ro still said springtec on the flyer. Which is it, I am confused? Also heard they recalled the clear filter press for plate issues. Seems like they jump the gun getting products out with issues.

04-26-2014, 06:26 AM
Leader owns the spring tech name and decided to start building them themselves. They had a bunch of clear filter presses for sale so I don't think they recalled them. If they did recall them then I am sure they will make it right.

TheMapleMoose
04-26-2014, 11:50 AM
They've stood behind everything we've boughten from them. Usualy sending new parts 2 day freight, no hassels.

sapman
04-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Actually in 22 years, I've always found Leader to be the best about testing products before offering them for sale, and at making more accurate claims about their products. My understanding is that they have been sitting on this new ro for two years doing thorough testing.

This new machine is quite the revolution in ro technology, indeed. Considering the discounts they are offering, the prices don't seem out of line. 2-20+% in one pass, maintaining good flow rates, sounds awesome to me.

TheMapleMoose
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Any details on the new machines? We couldn't make it to the open house this year, and it will prob be a month before our dealer makes their rounds. Father is headed to Bascoms this weekend so I'm sure he'll get some info while hes there. Just curious if anyone got any info from the open house this past weekend. We have a Springtech now, and will most likely be upgrading size for next season. Are they similar to the old machine that was being made for Leader?

sapman
04-28-2014, 08:42 PM
They look totally different from the Airablo. On two membrane machines and up, they are mounted horizontal, as are all the pumps. Basically they have a much larger membrane vessel, and double the pumps. So where my current two post ro draws 40-50 amps, the replacement (high brix model) draws 94. But probably runs for half the time my current machine would. If you're going to upgrade, this would be my choice of machine. I'll have to wait awhile, though, I'm afraid.

Sunday Rock Maple
05-09-2014, 10:35 PM
They look totally different from the Airablo. On two membrane machines and up, they are mounted horizontal, as are all the pumps. Basically they have a much larger membrane vessel, and double the pumps. So where my current two post ro draws 40-50 amps, the replacement (high brix model) draws 94. But probably runs for half the time my current machine would. If you're going to upgrade, this would be my choice of machine. I'll have to wait awhile, though, I'm afraid.

I agree, they appear to have hit a home run with this machine (and I've been thinking about one real hard). Anybody else look them over and want to share your thoughts?

nhmaple48
05-10-2014, 02:38 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Leader haters have to say about this!!!!!

TheMapleMoose
05-10-2014, 05:25 AM
We are looking very seriously at upgrading our micro elite with the new 600gph springtech. I know we made out excellent with our 240, and I know it's not the same machine but I would expect to be impressed as usual. Just need to sell our 240 and our evaporator so we can swing one.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Leader doesn't make ROs

they are starting to Mike

maplwrks
05-13-2014, 09:45 AM
They will be the highest priced ro's on the market then. Ooops, wait! They already are. Over priced and over complicated!

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-14-2014, 04:50 AM
They will be the highest priced ro's on the market then. Ooops, wait! They already are. Over priced and over complicated!

HAHAHAHA Noooooooooooooooooooooooo they wouldn't do that

Scribner's Mountain Maple
05-14-2014, 04:49 PM
I've learned a little more about the Leader RO's . I was told that a 2 post machine was seen processing 1800 gph. I know those flow rates won't last forever, but even if it was 12-1500, that sounds pretty good. And from what I can see, they are offering them at a solid discount if you order by June 1. With the discount, they are competitive with all other manufactures new 2 post machines, actually cheaper than a few.

The person running the 8 post test RO from leader processed more sap than a 12 post machine that was new as well. They said they were able to run it 37 hours straight with no wash or rinse by reversing the flow into the membranes. That would be pretty cool.

After a lot of back and forth, I think I will go with the 2 post. The 4 post is fairly priced relative to competitors, but is too big a bite for me at this point in time.

The 2 post is expandable, but not easily I guess. You would need to return it to leader for major modifications like adding new pumps and posts.

Ben

Homestead Maple
05-15-2014, 10:25 AM
I checked out the two post machine and it looks like one of the easiest machines out there to operate. It's very straight forward and and understandable from an operators view point. There aren't a lot of extra controls to have to mount somewhere else because they aren't on the machine. I was surprised that the machine for a two post out performed some other makers 3 - 4 post machines, so you aren't paying extra for for a bigger machine to do the same work. Leader did a lot of field testing before they put their new machines on the market, something you don't get now-a-days because other manufacturers are rushing to get theirs 'out there and we'll make corrections later'. Leader went to sugar makers and asked them to give their in-put. Seems like the right thing to do. You can see the fore-thought in the construction of these new machines.