PDA

View Full Version : Battery run vacuum pumps?

jrmaple
04-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Hope everyone had/is having/going to have a good season this year; finished about a week and a half ago here in CT, not a great year and not a terrible year, but thats the weather for ya...

I am installing two smaller sections of tubing this summer, about 250 to 300 taps each and they are in remote locations with no access to power, and I was wondering if anybody has tried using a battery to run diaphragm vacuum pump for small amounts of taps like this. I am trying to stay away from gas for cost and maintenance purposes... Opinions and suggestions please....Thanks everyone.

JR

Yellzee
04-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Check out the thread titled first day sap puller

markct
04-15-2014, 08:45 PM
I have a harbor freight 79cc engine that runs a gast dry vane pump, pump was 25 bucks on ebay and maintenance free basicly and engine was 99 bucks and i change the oil every two weeks, holds just under half quart so even running synthetic its only a few bucks. As for fuel consumption when run 24 hr a day later in season it uses just under 1.5 gal a day so pretty cheap to run and maintain

lakeview maple
04-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Bosworth sap Guzzler ,12 volt works awesome well worth the money,there are a ton of threads on here about it ,Al

jrmaple
04-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks everybody, I looked through the thread, looks perfect for what I would be using it for, now just got to buy one and try it out!