PDA

View Full Version : No Drip Filling Nozzel

02-19-2004, 05:10 AM
While at Maplerama last year in ST.John Vermont , there was a company that had a white plastic nozzel that they billed as 'no drip', it was to be used on a finisher/bottler , and to me it looked like a machined pc of plastic. But it sold for like $50. bucks , has anyone ever seen one or tryed them??

syrupmaker
02-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Guest.... Sounds like the filling unit we use for wine bottles. Not sure if the one we use would hold up under syrup temps,but i'm sure they make others. If your looking for one try a wine makers supply house/store.

Rick

Fred Henderson
03-14-2004, 06:33 PM
A valve off a commercial coffer maker works well too. Like those big one that you see in diners.

Salmoneye
03-15-2004, 05:36 AM
Just the valve Fred?

Heck...Lots of us use the whole dang coffee urn as a heater/bottler...

Cheap and works like a freakin charm...

I temped mine coming out of the 'canner' and it was right at 190 degrees F...Have yet to have a batch not seal or go to mold on the top since I started with the urn, and I can tell because I used all glass containers last year...

Fred Henderson
03-16-2004, 05:35 PM
If you can afford the whole coffee maker then go for it, if you are small time like me maybe you can get by with just the valve on some other type of canning unit.

Salmoneye
03-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Coffee Urns are cheap at lawn sales and sometimes on eBay...

I look all year for pieces and parts that can/will be used for syrup production...Think I paid a dollar for my '60-cup' urn 2 summers ago at the flea-market...

Al
03-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Just picked up a 60 cup pot my self at Recycle North. Course paid to much. $15.00!!
Salmoneye ,do you filter in yours and if you do what do you use for filters?
Thanks

Salmoneye
03-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Ayuh...

Mine came with a 'spacer' ring that adds 4 inches of height for when the perkolator part is supposed to be in place when you make coffee...I tossed the guts away and kept the spacer...I got a cone filter rack years ago that fits the spacer and holds a cone filter by the loops...I actually use two cone filters one inside the other...The outside one is a synthetic one...inside one is a crushed felt one...Inside those I stick a couple-three 'pre-filters' and filter directly into the urn...Take the whole thing inside to the kitchen to reheat and bottle...Works great IMHO

Thanks to Brandon for the tip on the stack of prefilters...

Al
03-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Good deal, I got a cone filter and I was going to put 3 or 4 of the paper inside that. Thanks for getting back to me.
Have a great day,