PDA

View Full Version : Season Ending

Heather_Marie
04-14-2014, 06:53 AM
And with this past weekend, the pulling of taps and the finishing of the sap, we say goodbye to mapling season, 2014. I'm super happy to say we ended the season strong however. We had so much fun breaking in the new shack, and new trees. So with this, I bid my fellow sugarers farewell for now. See you .next year. :)

Like my faux dramatics? Haha. Really though, I'll miss it. Let me know how everyones last season went? :)

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

MapleCamp
04-14-2014, 02:34 PM
We pulled the plug up here on Cabot MT coos co yesterday, about 250 taps 50 on buckets 200 on tubing , it was just a 2 week season this year. I tapped 2/12 last year made 25 gallons. I tapped the end of April this year and still 25 gallons. We all ways end around now. I think the longer seasons are more fun.
Hope everyone had a great season, off to fishing, bee keeping, wood cutting.
See Ya Next Year
Frost Pocket
Maple Camp

Shawn
04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
We tapped out the 19th of Feb. and went just about two weeks also. Sounds like two years ago. Last year we did around fifty gallons this year near 25 so all and all after cleaning up this week it is what it is but had a good time even with the long hours of boiling and late nights and the clean up, still better then going to the store to buy syrup. All have a safe and good summer:cool: