PDA

View Full Version : What spout to use

doocat
04-13-2014, 07:50 AM
I believe we are going to change over this year from stubby/adaptor to yearly disposable spouts to give the animals less to chew on. I under stand the check valve debate and the fact that there is a lot of support for them. With that said can we get some input on other spouts used and the producers thoughts on them. ie the CDL smart spout, etc. We have about 3200 of them and don't want to make a mistake going with something that is hard to install, less productive, etc.

Thanks for the input.
Craig

pipeline
04-13-2014, 07:28 PM
we just pulled 1800 poly carbon adapters sap was still running we were happy with them. also have around 8000 h2o 5 year spouts still running not great but running. the poly carbon separated. easy was surprised as we used the black check valves and they where miserable to separate.

we have been using h2o spouts since they came out. supposed to be good for five years. the first ones we had problem with the head breaking off driving in the tree after couple years they came out with new design for this season. haven't broke any. seams like better design. happy with both.

butler
04-13-2014, 08:10 PM
This was our first year with the cdl smart spout....they gave us awesome results and easy to install. Verdict is out for removal...we will find out next week. I will definitely buy more for sure...we used them for our tubing and some for buckets.

Maplewalnut
04-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Craig

For the third year in a row my cdl spouts produced as well as my cvs. This is on 3-7 year old tubing. On new tubing the cdl smart spouts actually out produced cvs

Mike

doocat
04-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Thanks Mike.