PDA

View Full Version : Oil Fired Arch

Romeo
04-12-2014, 07:24 AM
I am looking for some one that mite have built an oil fired arch or modify one I have some questions on burner high and distance to the target wall any help is welcome Thank You Marty

backyard sugaring
04-26-2014, 09:01 PM
I built my own oil fired evaporator. My evaporator is different because it is fired from the rear. My oil gun is under my flue pan and fires towards my finishing pan and the flue gases are forced into my flue pan and the out the stack. I have done a lot of experimenting with this. The idea in oil fired is it heats by radiant if you can picture where the flame cast a glow on the pans is where the heat goes. Keep the fire box as close to the pans as possible, you want your oil gun to be about 10 inches away from your pan. You don't want the flame to contact anything. I would skip the target wall. Insulation is a must with sloping sides to force the heat upwards. How big are you building it? If i can help further you can p m me and i can give you my phone number. Good luck. Lee

Ausable
04-27-2014, 07:47 AM
Hey! A Question? What do You use to atomize the oil at the burner head. In Electric generating plants we would use air with fuel oil and steam with crude oil. That was many years ago. ---Mike---

backyard sugaring
04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
I believe the pump forces it through the nozzle which causes it atomize and then it is ignited by the electrodes. Lee