PDA

View Full Version : I'm pulling out.

Aaron Roy
04-12-2014, 07:12 AM
One of the smaller maples on the property has started to bud. I'm pulling all my taps today

western mainer
04-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry to here about your short season.We had a good run today and hoping to hold on one more week. we still have alot of snow here in Greenwood.
Brian

gmcooper
04-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Brian good to hear you had a good day today. We didn't really have any run today but sap from last few days was still good. Relatively clear and no odor. Sugar is down some. Hoping for a couple more runs mid week.

Ended up making about 12 gallons tonight. Not as much as I had hoped for but I'll take all we can make right now.
Mark

Aaron Roy
04-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Working on finishing my last batch right now. Looks like it's going to be a good one

Revi
04-12-2014, 09:10 PM
We pulled our taps today also. There might be a little more coming, but when we pulled the taps most of them were dry.

It's been a fun season, even if it wasn't a big one.

K.I. Joe
04-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Boiled 600 gallons today, and hoping for another 600 tuesday or wednesday

Chicopee Sap Shack
04-13-2014, 05:03 AM
Pulled mine yesterday most were dry and the ones that were wet had cloudy sap in the bucket. Finished off the evaporator yesterday and made about 2.5 gal of very dark ok flavor too. The last bit of sap was almost junk but we had one hell of a party and solved the worlds problems. Yesterday was a day of cleaning buckets and pulling taps. I'll have the evaporator clean in a week or so and then start designing the new tubing system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk