PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Mechanical Releaser

danno
01-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Does anybody have experience plumbing PVC out of the discharege of their mechanical releaser so rather than the sap splashing out into your holding tank, it runs through some PVC into your holding tank. This would require moving the vacuum flap from the bottom of the releaser to the end of your plumbed in PVC.

For my size, I'm just looking at the single, vertical releasers made by Bernard and Lapiere. Also, still looking for a used one if anybody has one.

I know the electric releasers are made this way as the sap is being pumped once it leaves the releaser, but it looks like the mechanicals are made to splash into a tank. I want a mechanical, but I want to plump the discharge. Is it doable?

My releaser/holding tank will be up in the woods, so I would like to keep my holding tank covered.

Interested in your experiences.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-07-2007, 09:55 AM
post edited

oneoldsap
01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I SURE HOPE THATS A FOOD GRADE GARBAGE BAG YOU ARE USING

Pete33Vt
01-22-2007, 04:11 AM
My uncle and I just picked up a single can releaser from Lapierrie yesterday. Prices are up5% from catalog as of Jan1st. We looked it over very carefully and there is no reason why you cannot remove the flapper and add on PVC to you tank. We thought of doing this and still might just hated to start messing with a $700.00+ unit the same day we brought it home.

Good luck
Pete