PDA

View Full Version : time to downsize

highlandcattle
04-08-2014, 06:41 AM
After 18 years of building up our small farm,we have made the hard decision to sell. Our kids and grandchildren have no interest in this venture. It's now time to move closer to family and make our life a bit easier. If you are looking for a very private getaway see our ad in classified.

Burnt sap
04-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Tough decision to make I'm sure. Good luck and enjoy your new home, hey you could always get a gas fired half pint and impress the new neighbors :lol: Just saying...

briansickler
04-09-2014, 07:03 AM
After 18 years of building up our small farm,we have made the hard decision to sell. Our kids and grandchildren have no interest in this venture. It's now time to move closer to family and make our life a bit easier. If you are looking for a very private getaway see our ad in classified.

How many taps do you have?

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
04-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Im not seeing the ad in the classifieds....can you put the link up?

highlandcattle
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
518-495-7028

highlandcattle
04-16-2014, 09:34 AM
15 acre Sugarbush,we tap 400. Pipeline with wet/dry line new for 2014. Worked really well. The farm is very private,all updated this year. GreAt getaway or year round home. Ready to go for a new family. Open to offers.

maple flats
06-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Do you still have the solar and wind power?
I never thought I'd see you sell at your young age, you both just retired. I do however understand wanting to be closer to family.
I can vouch for their little piece of heaven, Joan and I visited them in Oct. of 2011. A nice little place, and definitely private. Had solar and wind power and the home was well done, lots of creative ideas put into action.
Dave

highlandcattle
07-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Gee Dave thanks for all that. It was so nice to meet you guys. Yup. We still have the solar. Added a new system from WindyNation for the saphouse. Will still be sugaring just ordered a 2x4 mason XML and sold the cdl. Getting great ideas for the next sugar house. Time to just make things easier. This is just a lot of work and we're alone.

Revi
09-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Your kids and grandkids might be a lot more interested in a few years. When heating oil goes up and they realize that they could keep eating and living nicely without utility bills at a farm like that they might reconsider their decision. Of course people also have to work, so they might not be able to live that far out, but it's in New York state, so how far are you from jobs they could do?

You might find some interested people who could make it work, and that might be the best solution anyway. Farming is a lot of work, and it's not for everyone, but you might find a young couple with a job who would love to continue the tradition. Does NY have a farm link? There may be young farmers waiting to find a place like yours.

handtapper
09-07-2014, 05:27 PM
I agree with Revi. The idea might not be best for your situation but might work out for someone else who doesn't have kids or refuses to leave the farm. There's hard working smart young men/woman who would love to take the workload and eventually the reigns on a farm. Getting in connection with the right fellow would be the key I would think, they just might become part of your family too in the long run.