PDA

View Full Version : Oh Ya Baby,,,For All of us !!

TerryEspo
04-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Well, done work at 3p.m.,, moments ago. Was checking the weather maps all around and great to see all regions with Maples is showing great weather for sap. Very nice to see weather co-operating for ALL of us today, super duper.

Hopefully everyone is busy right now with taps and sap.

Getting changed and cant wait to go peek at my lines and buckets.

Good luck everyone and may no one be skunked today.

Talk soon......

Mike R.
04-06-2014, 05:28 PM
I have got about 50 gallons today so far and looking at the weather the trees will be running all night. I checked the sap this morning an it was just above 2.5%, closer to 2.75%.

happy thoughts
04-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Back at you, Terry :) Pulled most of our taps today though there may be a run left yet. As slow as this year started out, I can't complain. I got more than I expected. Hoping the same for you and all who are just at the beginning of their season. Make it a good one :)

KevinS
04-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Boil on, friends!

I pulled buckets today. But, no complaints at all, a very good but short season here!

Run Forest Run!
04-06-2014, 07:36 PM
I collected 78 L today and after 4 hours of boiling, everything is now in the steam trays. Another hour should get it to the point where I filter it off and wait for a bigger finish on another day. The tweaked set-up that I'm trying this year, with a metal wind screen, is really increasing the life of my propane tanks. With the price of propane this year, that's a major bonus.

What a great day.:)

TerryEspo
04-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Well, a fast post before bed time. Kinda disappointed with todays collection for such a wonderful day. Only 15 gallons with my roughly 75 taps. Some trees are still not giving a drop, so frustrating.

All this week's weather looks promising so maybe I will sing a different tune, soon !!

Good luck to all.

Run Forest Run!
04-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Terry, some of my trees were also stubborn today. Now that I'm not walking on so much snow I can feel that the ground is still pretty rock hard. Not much mud in sight.

TerryEspo
04-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Hey Karen....Thanks for the inspiration, lol.

I was kinda shocked at the minimal amount today collected, really thought more was waiting for me.
I can only hope that the next day brings better runs.

Tomorrow is another day.

Good luck to those stubborn trees of yours,,,and mine. Maybe they need to see me out back with the Husq
varna and they will produce in a hurry !!:o

Run Forest Run!
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Terry, one of the very small trees in my forest is now sporting three 7/16" metal spiles. I'm culling him this summer, and hopefully he'll scare the others into giving up their sap.