PDA

View Full Version : Proper piping for your wash tank

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Trade Secrets

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
I finally peeled the stretch wrap off the machine and don't see where they put the serial # on the RO machine/Where's it located? Opened up the breaker panel and nothing in there.

Russell Lampron
01-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Kevin I will have to go down to the sugarhouse to check for sure but I think my filtrate hose that goes into the bottom of my wash tank is 1/2" and the line that goes to the feed pump out of the wash tank is 1". I don't have a hole in the middle and I think I have a 3/4" line going into the top.

What brand of RO machine do you have and how big is it?

Russ

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-06-2007, 08:41 AM
lapierre 600

gearpump
01-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Kevin, I think the ones on the right side are the ones you want. The 1 1/2 is the supply to the RO and the 3/4 inch is a spot for a drain valve. The hoses from the valve panel are suppose to hang into the tank to recirculate. It would have been nice for them to include a nice picture in the manual of the suggested hookup...not! I don't think you have to worry about the heater. The process heats up the wash water plenty. Some say it works better because the time it takes to heat up is more time washing. I also found that a 3-way valve on the supply pump helps with the process. One way lets sap or filtrate in and the other is hooked up to the wash tank.

Marty

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-06-2007, 05:26 PM
post edited

Russell Lampron
01-07-2007, 08:25 AM
I don't heat my wash water either. It heats as the RO washes and I have mine set so that it turns off at 43 degrees celcius which is about 110 degrees fahrenheit.

Kevin I see something about having royalmaple beat with 1 ash, 1 basswood and 1 oak tapped in your signature. My former son in law ran tubing to and put 2 taps into a big beech tree.

Kuntukee syrup has a higher alcohol content than maple syrup doesn't it? 8)

Russ

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-07-2007, 09:59 AM
post edited