PDA

View Full Version : First time with Barrel Sap Hualer,,Thanks Everyone Here !!

TerryEspo
04-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Well, after supper I asked my son if he wanted to go collect, but mostly toss snow off the lines and lids.

I wanted to go just to use my new sap hauler. I am thankful for my son wanting to help dad and thankful for Maple Trader for the idea, I do forget the member that first showed me this idea.

Way better balanced than a barrel standing, the 5 gallon bucket is a breeze to toss the sap into, I don't even put a lid on the 5 gallon pail when driving around collecting.

Thanks again for a wonderful idea that makes things easier.

Cant wait to have a run that overflows the new sap hauler !!

Run Forest Run!
04-04-2014, 06:50 PM
That's really cool Terry. I hope you fill it many times over very soon. :)

psparr
04-04-2014, 07:12 PM
http://www.forumfiend.net/uploads/images/28932.jpg

Kinda like this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.

325abn
04-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Oh I like the ATV idea, how much sap can you haul with it?

psparr
04-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Oh I like the ATV idea, how much sap can you haul with it?
I only feel safe about half full. I'm looking to make a cheap narrow trailer to mount it on. Have small trails to each tree. It's too high on the wheeler, but works for now.

markr
08-10-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm just reading some older threads because I'm looking at better ways to get sap out of my bush. Right now I carry out 5 gallon buckets. I saw the pic that psparr posted and that looks like something that would work for me. I just have a quick question about it, how do you mount the bucket to the barrel so it won't fall out? Any answers would be a big help, thanks in advance, markr

jmayerl
08-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Cut the hole to a perfect and tight fit. Mine is pushed about 2/3 of the way in and there is zero sloshing when it is full.

vach50
09-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Sorry for being a little slow tonight, I like this idea but not sure I understand it all. Does the 5 gal pail have a hole in the bottom? Filter sap from buckets into 5 gal pail and runs out hole in bottom into 55 gal drum? Simple as that? Thanks.

handtapper
09-06-2014, 03:04 AM
Stencil the bottom of bucket onto the barrel and carefully cut it out. The 5 gallon pail is slightly tapered so it will fit snuggly. I have no need for one but if i did need one I'd drilll multiple 1/2" or so holes of the bottom of the pail opposed to cutting it out. Prevent any possibility of slosh (which doesn't sound like a issue), keeps junk from falling in and you could stuff a old T-shirt or something at the bottom of pail to filter the sap while collecting no added step. Im guessing the bucket could be easy removed to clean the drum still. Just my 2 cents.

psparr
09-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Ya. I put about 10 1 inch holes in the bottom. Works well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.