PDA

View Full Version : Snow melter ?

arcticair
04-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Figured a would drop a note and say hi .i am looking for some kinda system to melt snow !! While some of you guys are done making your syrup already and some are started . We are so lucky to still have 4 feet of the white snow and weather man says today we get another 12 inchs .
So this melting machine has got to be BIG , any ideas .

Thank You : arm pit deep

DaveB
04-04-2014, 10:35 AM
There's a giant one up in the sky and every day the angle gets higher and higher and eventually it will win over the intrusions of cold air coming down from your north.

Hang in there...my season started three to four weeks late and is ending a week later than normal. I recall back in 2008 there was record snow on the ground in eastern Quebec and I think they managed to have a good season. I hope it's been cold enough for you to walk on top of your snow like it was here a few weeks ago. We had about 3' on the ground and I was able to walk on top and get my taps in. It was then just a matter of waiting for above freezing temps. Even then, on days when I thought it would run, it ran very little. Slowly but surely things thawed out and the sap is flowing! I thought this week was going to be lost but I've had some of my best runs!

arcticair
04-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Well its been cold enogh for sure this winter -30 C daily for to many months . I do not ever remember having the winter snow this late and now its been adding to us . Havent even tried to get over the snowbank to access my trees yet . Living in northern ontario sure sucks at times , really thinking about moving to the carribean and tapping coconuts maybe LOL .