PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using a CDL 18" x 5' evap?

NTBugtraq
04-03-2014, 04:33 PM
If you are, I got a question for you. Mine came with a 4" wide piece of C-channel, the width of the arch. I assumed it went between the stack and the back of the flue pan. However, given they say keep the wood 6" back from the door, I'm now wondering if its supposed to go at the door end of the arch. If I put it there, my finishing pan would be pushed 4" away from the door, placing it more over the fire...

Anyone know?

Cheers,
Russ

NTBugtraq
04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
FWIW, I just moved it to the front of the arch and pushed the pans back, guess we'll see how it affects it. Anyone else got their front pan set back from the front of the arch?

Cheers,
Russ

wnybassman
04-03-2014, 07:59 PM
In different ads I have seen, that piece may cover the gap between the two pans so crap doesn't get in between them.

Yooper Kevin
04-03-2014, 08:05 PM
I have a CDL 18" x 60".....The dealer advised me that the function of the C-Channel was to prevent scorching to the rear of the flue pan. So I have mine between the stack & flue pan. I am interested though to hear how it functions in front of the finish pan because that does make some sense to me......

Kevin

Ridgeville
04-07-2014, 08:47 AM
I have the same evaporator but mine is 18" by 4', I put mine in the back as well.

What are you getting for GPH? I was told 10 easy...only 8 for me if I have perfect wood and feed it correctly. I really like the CDL but really wanted 10GPH. Oh well, I guess next year I have to tap more trees and buy a bigger unit? Better run that by the wife first.

James

NTBugtraq
04-07-2014, 08:48 AM
I've put mine in the front, and am currently burning at 9.2gph since this morning. I have had as much as 10.5gph, but today I am burning slightly bigger than usual pieces of wood.

Cheers,
Russ