PDA

View Full Version : BEST thing about 2014

Bentley Wood Maple
04-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Is that we have only gone through about 3 wheelbarrows of firewood.
Last spring had to choose between a new evaporator or a new bike.
My old 2x6 has about 4hrs of use this spring
That new Harley is looking like the better choice every day this week. Put about 50 miles on it this week.

Bucket Head
04-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Right about now, everyone is questioning the dollars they spent on maple for this season, and that includes me.

Have fun on the bike.

Steve

liljohn
04-04-2014, 12:09 PM
My girlfriend and I tapped our first trees on February 22nd (20 taps total) with our kids. We had a great time collecting (160+/- gallons) and finished up today with around 4 gallons of syrup. Can't wait to repeat next year.

P.s. I would like an little better evaporation rate then ☺.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

slammer3364
04-09-2014, 02:18 PM
put up a stainless stack, really made a difference on the boil. If only I would have had more sap to boil,pretty poor year trees that traditionaly provided good amount of sap produced zilch. Theres always next year

SPILEDRIVER
04-09-2014, 04:34 PM
well i had all of febuary and march off due to sticking my hand in a wood splitter,waited and waited for the sap to run and it never did....went back to work last week of march not ecspecting to make any syrup.first week back it started so i managed to make 7 gallons off 50 taps.....below my normal 20 but hey ill take it and be happy! allready looking forward to next year with a new evap and 120 taps.

KevinS
04-09-2014, 07:18 PM
well i had all of febuary and march off due to sticking my hand in a wood splitter,waited and waited for the sap to run and it never did....went back to work last week of march not ecspecting to make any syrup.first week back it started so i managed to make 7 gallons off 50 taps.....below my normal 20 but hey ill take it and be happy! allready looking forward to next year with a new evap and 120 taps.
Glad you healed up!
Part of what makes you appreciate a good year so much is having a bad ones to compare to.